Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth911 Posts: 499, Reputation: 6

Jun 3, 2008, 12:01 AM
    What's the best thing I can do?
    My bfs cousin died... they were pretty close. He was 19 and died of cancer and has a daughter. I don't want him to feel like I'm not there trying to help him through it escpecially because he keeps thinking I hate him when I don't. And I'm not the best at trying to help people or coming up with the right words to say.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 3, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Dear beth911

It's unclear to me :

In "he keeps thinking i hate him when i dont" : do you mean with "he" your boyfriend?
    You are indeed not coming up with the right words, it seems...
    How can he think that way about you? And why is he than still your boyfriend?

Assuming you indeed want to help your boyfriend : just tell him what you feel about his cousin. That you like to help him with working that problem out. That you are there for him, etc. Be at your boyfriend's side during the burial/cremation (make sure you go there). Get a photograph of the cousin, and display it in the house.

Jun 3, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Ever since his cousin died its like he's just differnet. And now he seems to think he lost all he had. He doesn't realise that I'm here. And when I try telling him he just says things like that all a susddn. I can't go to the funeral, it was yesterday and his mom was there and we aren't aloud to talk to each other. He asked me for his cusins obituary, so I gave it to him. I don't know weather I should talk to him about it or not. Sometimes he seems OK. Other times he's just really sad. He said he almost cired and that he never felt that way before. The funny thing is... I never met his cousin but I feel like I'm feeling everything my boyfriend feels. And like I'm doing the crying for him. And I lose sleep at night over it. Sormetimes I'm fine but sometimes it kills me. And its all I think about. I try showing him I care but right now its like he doesn't even notice it. The day after his cousin died, we hung out and he was even laughing and seemed to have fun. But then yesterday he told me that he was too sad and he needed time to get over the death. That he didn't really feel like hanging out or anything. And he kept talking about how much it bothers him that he will never talk to him again or see him again. And I just didn't know what to say.

Jun 3, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Ever since a little over a year ago, my bfs mom won't let us talk. So she thinks we quit talking. And his parents don't treat him right. I don't want his dad to find out we still talk and beat him or kick him out now that he's 18.
    beaubeaubajack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 12:30 AM
    I believe that your friend needs you or any friend to be by his/her side, this doesn't entail any words or actions but show them that at anytime, you will try your best to be there to ta;l or hang with them when they just need a friend. Some times not a lot of words are needed just the effort is. Something even simpler may be to call once in a while and see how their day went. When your friend sees that you are making an effort it should help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best thing to use on my legs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi what's the best product to use on my legs to give them a slight brown/bronze look just for one day I am going to a familly do on Sunday and wearing a dress but have lilly white legs and want them to have some colour for just that day helllp! :D

Getting a divore what's mine and what's not? [ 3 Answers ]

Been married for five yrs two kids one is 4yrs and the other is 1 ,got a house 1 week before we got married and I never got my name on put on the deed.but have been helping with the mortgage the whole time,she makes a lot more money than I do and I also caught her in an affair with her ex...

What's the most funniest thing that's happened to you? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey guys just bored and wanted to know what's the most funniest or most emmbarrising that's happened to you? :D

What's the worst thing [ 5 Answers ]

I always wondered, what's the worst thing that can happen from drinking or sharing drinks with someone. Besides mono. I don't see how its so bad besides catching a cold.

What's the right thing to do? [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I am 15 and have been in a very meaning full and specific relationship for the last 9months but 3months ago I moved to Australia form the UK. this was a very upsetting time and the hardest thing a have ever done. We stayed together, she coming out in about 60days and staying for 2months and...

View more questions Search