Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    422605 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Over use of Oxycontin
    I started at 10 mg of oxycontin, twice a day. Then to 20 mg. twice a day. Then to 40 my up to 3 times per day, now I take 80 mg 3 times per day. I also take a muscle relaxer 3 times a day. When pain starts getting bad or a headache turning into a migraine, I also take T-3's 2 -with codeine at a time. I used to eat t-3's like candy for years. My doctor started me on the oxy a few months ago, what I has been taking was not working anymore, and the t-3's are really hard on the stomach and liver.

My husband says I am turning into an addict, but there are some days I do not take all 3 0xy's or any of them at all once in a while. I do not experience anything different when I skip a dosage. But it does not totally take away the pain, but eases it off so I can do what I want to do for the day.

My husband also says oxy is hard on the brain.

My doctor and I talked and we both do not think I am addicted.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Do you have a question?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 08:18 AM
    What are you taking them for? Tension Headache? Chronic Daily Migraine? Something else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10mg oxycontin - T3's [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question that I somehow haven't been able to find an answer for. I've always been somewhat afraid to try different types of pain medication, or taking 1 kind and then later in the day taking a different kind. Simply because I keep hearing about how people overdose when mixing certain...

Oxycontin? [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that this pill was an 80 mg oxycontin,problem is... it was pink an ha a G on he opof the pill and below the g was 164... I know what 80mg oxycontins looklike... can anyone tell me what this guy was trying to give me?? Thanks a lot!!

Oxycontin and vicoden w/d's, different or the same [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I hope someone can help with my question. I recently switched from vicoden to oxycontin. The first part of my question is will the withdrawals pretty much be the same from vicoden and oxycontin or will they be different? Secondly, what are the withdrawals of oxycontin? I stopped for...

Oxycontin blood test results [ 1 Answers ]

When getting a blood test for oxycontin (prescribed) - does it show the level of oxy or just the presence? Thank you!

Oxycontin withdrawals [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend did oxycontin for about 4 months, so he says. He said that his withdrawal wasn't that bad. I know from reading the withdrawal is hell. I'm wondering if the withdrawal for oxycontin varies with the length that a person does it. Say does 4 months differ from someone using it for 6...

View more questions Search