Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karcox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Re-using an above ground liner
    We purchased a used pool 30ft round, when we took it down, we labeled everything. The pool was and still is in really good shape, no rusting or damages. When we took the liner down, we made sure all the water was out and it has been folded up neatly in my garage for about 6 weeks (due to all the rain here, we could not get it up). My question, are we going to be able to reuse this liner? I know that people say they shrink, is it possible to make the walls 29ft to make up for the shrinkage? Also, I read that we should have had it soaking in a mixture of algaecide and soapy water, is it too late to do that?

Thanks,
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jun 2, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Your going to need to replace the liner
    blairwtsn Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
    You are going to have to replace your liner.
    Sorry but that's the bottom line on your situation.

Yes I am a pool owner.

Blair
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 02:48 PM
    We all agree, replace the liner. They not only shrink but also get a bit brittle, you will not get it into the pool without a tear. Under no circumstances should your try to make the pool smaller, all the parts must line up perfectly and alterations will not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool liner [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My 1 year old pool has a vinyl liner. I just noticed that it has a ripple in the liner that goes from one end of the pool to the other. (12'x24' pool) I got in and tried to flatten it out but it just keeps coming back up. Is that a leak? Thanks. sv.

How to replace an above ground pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

I have Doughboy 16X32 oval pool with a expanded or deep end that I need to replace the liner on. Any suggestions

Replacement of above ground pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi; what is the cost of replacing an above ground pool liner for a 24' round pool that is 4' deep? The liner has a leak in it and I can't find it the water in the pool is only ankle deep. I've called around and they say to just replace the liner.the liner is 8 years old.

View more questions Search