Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjjaaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Statute of limitations
    What is the statute of limitations on a felony drug charge in the state of virginia :confused:
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Not sure exactly what you are asking?

Do you mean how long after you have been arrested, do they have to file formal charges?

Or, do you mean after you have been formally charged, how long until they have to hold a trial?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Hello j:

It's not as simple as that. What kind of drugs? How much? Are you a kingpin? Do you run an organization? Are you a smuggler?

In general I'm going to say it's about 3 years. But, as you can see, there's lots of possibilities.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitations for the government to audit your taxes.

NJ Statute of Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise if you know how to locate the Statute of Limitation on the filing of a complaint or suite for a Notary Affidavit regarding the responsibility of the Notary error.

Statute of Limitations Again [ 4 Answers ]

I am still at a lost with this, Here is the situation, Supposely my old girlfriend had a judgment granted to her on money I owed her in 1995,, I never received anything telling me about this or anything in 1995. It is now 2007 and I have just received a notice of Examination from some paralegal...

Statute of Limitations [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this qualifies as Small Claims or not... several of us have the same claim against a company, and each of our claims is just under $10,000. Between the 3 complainants, the value is closer to $28,000. We paid a Canadian company to outfit us for a trek in Bhutan. They use a...

Statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

How long till I can't get arested on an out of province warrant . I'm living in another province and I want to go home fer a visit but I have warrents and I want to know when the statute of limitations comes into effect

View more questions Search