Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Mar 5, 2006, 03:06 AM
    Vundo trojan removed now got probs
    I removed the vundo trojan for a friend but now I get a limited or no connectivity alert when I try to get online... I've tried clicking repair... tried deleting the adapter and let windows rerecognize it... I've tried system restore.. tried spyware sweeper... spyware doctor... avg... when I click status on the adapter I see that its sending packets but not receiving... around 4000 going out but 0 in... hijack this found nothing... im at my wits end... all viruses are gone... all the spyware is deleted... the registry has been scanned... if anyone has fix the limited or no connectivity problem let me know how.. I'll try anything... thx
    wardy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2006, 03:15 AM
    Have you tried reformatting the hard drive and starting again from scratch and do any backups on disc you want to keep or just download it of the net again

Mar 5, 2006, 03:53 AM
    Can't reformat.. they don't have a recovery disk or xp disk...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 06:37 AM
    Hi, Tommy,
    All the spyware programs you ran sound good.
    Did you try running them in SafeMode? And, run them at least twice before closing the scan?
    Many of these spyware programs "re-build" themselves, after running a scan. When the computer is re-booted, they come back. Running the scans at least twice should stop the rebuilding of files. Might be worth a try.
    I use AdAware and SpyBot. Best of luck.

Mar 6, 2006, 06:30 PM
    It was an issue on my ISP end where they had to reset the modem... go figure.. especially since my wife was surfing and playing TFC with no problems... oh well.. live and learn...

If we didn't screw things up in the 1st place we would never learn how to fix them.. I keep telling the wife that when I mess stuff up... I tell her I'm just learning to fix it in case it breaks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend probs. [ 4 Answers ]

I've got this problem... I found out one of my friends (or so I thought we were) has been talking about me behind my back... to another one of my friends. She doesn't want me to hang out w/ one of my good friends because they got into a really big fight last year. I want to continue being friends...

Want to Be Removed from a Will [ 2 Answers ]

I do not want to be in my mother's will. I am in dispute with my brothers. I don't want to be involved with them at all after my mother's death. Right now I am named with my brothers for her property to be equally divided. I wish to write a letter that I do not want to be involved at all. What...

Confounding 91 civic start probs - NOT NORMAL PROBS [ 9 Answers ]

1991 civic DX 1.5 liter DPFI Went out Thursday morning to go to work, start car, ran rough for 2 seconds and died. Checked oil for fear of no oil situation, had oil. No start since then. Crank till the cows come home. I have spark on all four cylinders. New distributor with all new guts. ...

View more questions Search