Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2006, 02:09 AM
    Will XP PRO work on a 64 bit Dual Channel PC
    I am building a new PC using a gigabyte 939 Dual Channel MB with 2 gigs of Dual Channel DDR ram. I have most of what I need bought, but I bave heard that a lot of devices I use don't have 64 bit drivers yet so can I continual using XP PRO on this PC until enough drivers are available. Also would Media center work on this system?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 5, 2006, 02:15 AM
    Simply put YES.
    XP Pro will happily work with this setup, but to get the most from it running XP64 would be better. As you have mentioned there are few 64 drivers around, but they are increaseing quickly.
    Media Center will also work fine.
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Thanks I was not sure. I may run a duo booth until I no lnger need the other as I plan on 2 200 gb sata and 2 120 gb ide drives

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sundance Channel Movie Title, Help Please [ 4 Answers ]

I watched this movie on the Sundance Channel, it was a Finnish Movie I think, and it was about a photographer who was in his 20's probably and he had a girlfriend. In the beginning, they are doing things, blah blah blah, and then they are on a subway and she slips a paper in his pocket that says...

What channel? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in America and I love worldcup soccer. I am the biggest portugal and Italy fan in America. I would like to watch my fav. Club teams play for example barcelona, real madrid, fc roma, any club team. What station can I watch these soccer games on? :confused:

Av channel needd [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter has a 14" Proline TV/Video combi with no remote control. She was bought a DVD player for her birthday which she can't use because we can't switch the TV to AV channel. We have bought 2 universal remotes. One doesn't name Proline & won't accept after scanning through all...

View more questions Search