Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarangela Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Statues of limitations
    Is there any statutes of limitation on sexual/physical child abuse in Ontario, Canada?
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jun 2, 2008, 01:46 PM
    In December, 1991, Canada signed and ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. As to child abuse... THERE IS NO statute of limitations in Canada. Whether the child abuse occurred 5 minutes ago, 5 weeks ago, 5 or 50 years ago, an offender can still be charged.

Jun 2, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205
    In December, 1991, Canada signed and ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. As to child abuse...THERE IS NO statute of limitations in Canada. Whether the child abuse occurred 5 minutes ago, 5 weeks ago, 5 or 50 years ago, an offender can still be charged.

Even if it happened before that took place, this happened in the mid 80's... is it possible to still get justice?

Jun 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
    I do not want to assume what you mean by the term, "JUSTICE". Justice for whom? The perpetrator or the victim? The following link may lend more information for you. But one thing remains very clear, and that is There is no statute of limitations with child abuse.

Child Sexual Abuse - Criminal Code
    Child Abuse: History, Laws and the A.S.P.C.A - free article courtesy of ArticleCity.com

I hope this helps answers your question.

Jun 3, 2008, 01:36 PM
    I do not want to assume what you mean by the term, "JUSTICE". Justice for whom? The perpetrator or the victim? The following link may lend more information for you. But one thing remains very clear, and that is There is no statute of limitations with child abuse.

Child Sexual Abuse - Criminal Code
    Child Abuse: History, Laws and the A.S.P.C.A - free article courtesy of ArticleCity.com

I hope this helps answers your question.

Well, justice can only be for the abused person, so to be frank, I was abused as a child and would like to seek justice against my abuser. Thank-you for your help and links you've proided

Jun 3, 2008, 01:45 PM
    I am sorry for sounding callous but without knowing your particular situation I left things open. There are many legal avenues available for you to seek justice. Once again, I am sorry for previously sounding insensitive.

Jun 3, 2008, 04:34 PM
    I am sorry for sounding callous but without knowing your particular situation I left things open. There are many legal avenues available for you to seek justice. Once again, I am sorry for previously sounding insensitive.

That's all right, I understand, thank you again for your help. Do happen to know of any avenues in specific that could help me with my options? Should I contact a lawyer? As I am considering sueing him for pain and suffering. I don't want to imprison him for he is older now and I have people close to me involved and don't want to hurt them. Please if you have any advice for me, I don't know where to start, I only know that after 20 years I still can't let it go and have now chosen not to let go.

Jun 3, 2008, 05:02 PM
    I am not an expert by any means. I simply research the given subject as best I can and render my opinion on the matter as honestly and sincerely as possibly with the supplied information. I would definitely seek legal representation with this matter. I wish I could advise you better but you need a qualified provider on this issue.

If I can be of any other help, I will gladly assist you with any information I can.

Take-Care.

Jun 3, 2008, 05:35 PM
    I am not an expert by any means. I simply research the given subject as best I can and render my opinion on the matter as honestly and sincerely as possibly with the supplied information. I would definitely seek legal representation with this matter. I wish I could advise you better but you need a qualified provider on this issue.

If I can be of any other help, I will gladly assist you with any information I can.

Take-Care.

Okay, thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's/90's unknown title (small statues) [ 1 Answers ]

OK saw this film years ago can't remember the title of much about the film! All I can remember is that there where a load of little statues. I think there were a group of fiends all of which had one they did something wrong and they came to life and then caused havoc!

"Statues of Limitations" for Superior Court In California [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the "statues of limitations" are for wage garnishments from a judgement in a Superior Court in California? I have a judgement against me that was filed in 1998 & the finance co./lawyer have been able to garnish my wages up until 2006 when I was laid-off from my last job? Now I...

Cases n Statues Real Estate/Contract Law.Earnest Money [ 5 Answers ]

Help, I need to find cases and Statues on Real Estate/Contract Law.concerning Earnest Money I looked at the Law Library but didn't find much that would pertain to my need, the librarian explaining is due to not having had any previous cases like it. I was selling my property to a buyer for...

Contemporaneous portraits/statues of Jesus? Why not? [ 7 Answers ]

Has there ever been any authenticated portrait/statue of Jesus that was made when Jesus was alive? If not, why would there not be? If we believe Jesus existed, here is a man performing miracles and gathering followers. Why would not one of them jot down a portrait or scupt a statue?

Vernon's Civil Statues [ 3 Answers ]

We received a 3 day notice, hand delievered into our mailbox, giving us 3 days to vacate based on the above mentioned statue, chapter 163 article 3975, late taxes and fees. We were not told of the taxes until July. I plan on paying our part, 8 months in 2 days. Does that end the default or is...

View more questions Search