Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 10:58 AM
    What's to Expect in High School?
    So here I stand as a 8th grader about to graduate. I'm so happy but scared, scared about how High school will turn out for me. Lets just say I've had my share of NY madness.

All I want is your true opinion on What Should I Expect in High School:confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 5, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Its different for everyone, really.

-You can probaby expect kids to start acting older than they are.
    -Teachers and school work will be tougher and they'll expect you to act mature.
    -You can expect a lot of scared kids walking the halls!
    -You can expect to have lots of stress and lots of fun at the same time
    -You can expect a fast pace... lots of activities

Overall, I bet you have a great experience, so just enjoy your summer!
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 5, 2008, 10:06 AM
    I totally agree. My oldest started 2 years ago and that's basically what he said. You will do fine. Just remember that you will not be the only one feeling the way you do. Good luck and study hard!
    ashley568 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Jun 7, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by R0cKin_t33N
    So here i stand as a 8th grader about to graduate. I'm so happy but scared, scared about how High school will turn out for me. Lets just say i've had my share of NY madness.

All i want is your true opinion on What Should i Expect in High School:confused:
    Expect a lot of drama... a lot of nonsense about who's popular and who's not... expect parties where people will be getting drunk... expect a really hard algebra class... expect a lot of homework... but whatever you do enjoy it, stay with your friends, get involved with fun school activities... but also remember after you graduate is when your life really begins so study hard get good grades and 2 years after you graduate you won't even remember most of it.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 8, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Also, high school will be the best time of your life! I'm 16 (in grade 10) and I am loving it. I have a great balance between work and play. I have the 85% average, and I still get out to party. Enjoy high school, and don't be scared, there is nothing to worry about.

And another thing, YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO IS SCARED! Every single grade 9 in that school is going to be scared on that first day, I know I was.

As a current high school student myself, I have a few recommendations for you:
    -join school clubs and sports teams, makes school a lot more fun
    -get involved with school activities (a good way to meet girls and guys;) )
    -Stay up on work, don't let it pile up
    -SAY NO TO DRUGS :)

Have fun in the new school. Make new friends, and enjoy your high school life.
    scaredconfused2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jun 28, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Pregnant girls in tight clothes
    Kids who don't give a crap about you so watch out they will start fights
    More homework and stress
    And more kids in each class
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 01:00 AM
    I got to be honest, although college was the "best years of my life," high school wasn't too bad. I made a lot of great friends, a lot of great memories. Remember, high school is where you "make it or break it"... this is where you decide where your life will go, so make smart decisions.

Try to stay away from drinking and drugs. There's plenty of time to drink when you're in college... so really, it's not "that cool" to drink. Also, stay away from the druggie crowd.

Do well in classes, make good friends, and you'll stay with them for a while.

I'm a recent college grad, and I just had my 5-year high school reunion tonight, and I got to say, it was a good time.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Jun 28, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by R0cKin_t33N
    So here i stand as a 8th grader about to graduate. I'm so happy but scared, scared about how High school will turn out for me. Lets just say i've had my share of NY madness.

All i want is your true opinion on What Should i Expect in High School:confused:
    The teachers are more Hard core, More home work, and a lot more Freedome
    chris_in_orbit Posts: 21, Reputation: 8

Jul 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Maybe you shouldn't expect anything! Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and expect nothing... Well that's easier said than done. Really, high school is as good or bad as you make it. You will definitely have your ups and downs, just don't dwell on the downs too long (and, if you can, try to learn something from those situations.)

I was a bit of a weirdo, well I still am, and at first I was unhappy in high school because I didn't fit in. You'll find that the less you try and the more you act like yourself, the happier you will be. Also, take classes that interest you! I took psychology and other classes because they seemed interesting and they all turned out great! Good luck!
    crazigeorge1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 12:08 PM
    WELL WHAT T0 EXPECT? iTS N0T AS BAD AS "H0LLYW00D" MAKES iT. Y0U WiLL LEARN WH0 Y0UR TRUE FRiENDS ARE AND Y0U'LL N0TiCE THERES AL0T 0F iMMATURE PE0PLE =(. HAHA Y0U WiLL GET S0ME DRAMA TH0UGH EVERYB0DY D0ES. AND YEA AL0T M0RE STRESS FR0M H0MEW0RK AND CLASSES. BUT Y0U WiLL D0 FiNE JUST BE Y0URSELF AND G00D LUCK=D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

High School [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get my diploma by going to night school

What should expect in middle school? [ 3 Answers ]

What should I expect in an all 6th grade school??

What is a high school [ 8 Answers ]

What is a high school

View more questions Search