Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seanyboy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Steroid guidance needed.
    Basically I have had trouble for a while gaining any form of wait according to the doctor its "just my metabolism" but I was recently introduced to steroids from a friend in the gym. So I bought some (I know there trustworthy and the real thing) quite expensive mind! Anyway what I was instructed to do was:

-week 1 - 3 take 1ml shot of sustan per week
    -week 3 - 6 take 2ml shot of DECA PRONABOL per week

I only intend on doing this one cycle and I have just took my first injection of sustanon at great pain as I'm new to injecting myself. My stats are as follows

Height 5'11
    Weight 65.4 kg
    Fitness- football twice a week
    -gym twice a week (weights)
    Diet - other than concentrating on the obvious pasta/chicken/potatoe etc I don't really watch my food.

I was hoping for some advice and guidance as I have read a lot through the internet but not a lot is aimed at beginners, and any negatives it may have on me being quite small build and not a hardcore body builder.
    Thanks.
    Mikis Posts: 24, Reputation: 9

Jun 4, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Take a friendly advice: drop that ! Or else you could seriously hurt yourself.

Jun 5, 2008, 01:43 AM
    I asked the question for advice.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Jun 6, 2008, 10:26 PM
    And he gave you the best advice there is... don't take steroids.

If you want a more informed answer, learn EVERYTHING that you can BEFORE you put something into your body that has a direct impact on your endocrine system.

Do you want even simpler advice? How about a quote from the world's most renowned powerlifting coach: "Steroids are like your Ace card."

What does that mean? It means that you don't want to use your Ace card when you've only got a pair of 2's. At your age, you've already played your Ace at a time when you are NOWHERE NEAR your maximum ability for muscular gain. Unless you were already lifting twice your bodyweight in all the major lifts, you simply don't "need" steroids.

Again, I don't believe anyone should use them. But you're messing with your systems before they've even finished maturing.
    hobbsa1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 06:11 PM
    My ex used steroids and it seriously ruined our relationship. He was moody, abusive, and over all a jerk. Not to mention it weakened his immune system, and he develeped all type of infections because of the steroids. He became very sick, and will continue to be easily sick the rest of his life because of steroids, even though he only took them a couple of years. I agree with them above, the best advice would be to quit. Quit the crap, before you kill yourself and hurt those you love! Its suicide seriously. Kind of like cigarettes, only quicker.
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbsa1
    My ex used steroids and it seriously ruined our relationship. He was moody, abusive, and over all a jerk. Not to mention it weakened his immune system, and he develeped all type of infections because of the steroids. He became very sick, and will continue to be easily sick the rest of his life because of steroids, even though he only took them a couple of years. I agree with them above, the best advice would be to quit. Quit the crap, before you kill yourself and hurt those you love! Its suicide seriously. Kinda like cigarettes, only quicker.
    Your ex was an a**hole to begin with... Steroids don't make "jerks". Maybe you just weren't supportive enough... and by the way, steroids are medicinal, they don't weaken your immune system, some can actually strengthen it. It must be SOOO easy to blame steroid usage for a broken relationship. I'm sure there were worse problems...

Anyway, back to the question. I don't know who gave this "advice" on the dosages, but the cycle planned out for you is pathetic. You need to understand how the drugs work.

First off, the Sustanon. The Sustanon is a blend of four testosterones, the fastest acting one being Testosterone Propionate. Each ampule of Sustanon contains 30mg of Propionate. Because it is fast acting, it is in and out of your system in a VERY short time. As a matter of fact, it only has a half-life of 3 days. So, since you are only taking one ampule per week, the Propionate is in and out of your system even before you hit your next shot. This will cause side effects. Your hormones will be up and down like a roller coaster. You NEED to shoot Susties at least twice a week, maybe even 3 times a week (every other day injections, or maybe every 2 days, but NO further apart!) This will keep your blood serum levels stable and level.

Second, the Propionate ester (the ester is what gives the hormone its half-life) is VERY acidic. It is not a fatty ester as compared to the Isocaproate or Decanoate ester also found in Sustanon. Now, because Propionate is more acidic, this is the reason for your injection pain. I sometimes shoot straight Testosterone Propionate during my cycles, and I sometimes find the shots to be irritating.

On a personal note, Sustanon is WAY too expensive! Because it is an engineered four testosterone blend. You should have went for a plain testosterone such as Cypionate or Enanthate, which also require MUCH fewer injections. We are talking 1/3 of the price for what you probably paid for those Susties.

Also, you are wasting your time with a 6 week cycle. As I already mentioned, Isocapraote and Decanaote are longer esters. The Decanoate ester itself has a 14 day half-life. That's TWO WEEKS even before it gets into your system! So relatively speaking, you are ending your cycle even before these hormones have had a chance to fully build into your system! Same thing goes for the Deca you're taking. Again, another 14 day half-life. This cycle should be run for At least 12 weeks! I am not kidding you here. I think you should have done more research before you chose which drugs to take...

Did you even think about recovery? What are you taking when you finish this massive 6 week cycle? Your system will crash! Once you start taking an external source of hormones, your internal source will shut itself down because it will feel it won't need to make anything since you are supplying your body with MORE than enough. I won't turn this post into an epic, so do yourself a favour and do some research on Nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate), Clomid (clomiphene citrate), and possibly HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). You might need these to recover.

Oh, you're playing football you said? Are you being tested for drug use? Well guess what, that Deca you're taking may haunt you. Deca has the Nandrolone ester in it. It has a tendency to store itself in fat cells as well. Chances are, it can still be traced in your system up to 18 MONTHS after your last shot. This is just a warning to you, and a polite heads up. Because if you are being screened for drugs, you might be up s***'s creek.

As I said already, you should have done some more research, especially with the types of drugs you chose. But then again, it took me over 16 years of bodybuilding and 12 years of personal steroid use to learn what I know today.

Jun 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Spot on mate thanks
    The football isn't professional level however I'm in the military and regular CDTs take place but I looked that up they don't search for steroids apparently its just drugs like canabis,coke etc.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocasean
    And he gave you the best advice there is.....don't take steroids.

If you want a more informed answer, learn EVERYTHING that you can BEFORE you put something into your body that has a direct impact on your endocrine system.

Do you want even simpler advice? How about a quote from the world's most reknowned powerlifting coach: "Steroids are like your Ace card."

What does that mean? It means that you don't want to use your Ace card when you've only got a pair of 2's. At your age, you've already played your Ace at a time when you are NOWHERE NEAR your maximum ability for muscular gain. Unless you were already lifting twice your bodyweight in all the major lifts, you simply don't "need" steroids.

Again, I don't believe anyone should use them. But you're messing with your systems before they've even finished maturing.
    I also agree with you, unfortunately, this is not what Seanyboy wants to hear. And then you have a another user who knows the correct procedure on use, telling him how to do it correctly, which is better then the advice his buddies gave him. So I give Mass Nutrition credit for this. But a few side effects that bring chills up my spine from steroids use, cardiovascular, your increase in body weight and rise in blood pressure make your risk of strokes/heart attacks, Kidney and liver damage, skin, and neuropsychiatric- bipolar type behavior, aggressiveness, (roid rage), although it only happens in 5% of users, it can happen. And according to Seanyboy other reply he hasn't a clue even on correct doses/usage. Seanyboy, I know this is what you want to do, and I wish you luck, but keep it in the back of your mind.. you did receive some guidance and advice, not to use this dangerous stuff.

Jun 8, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I'll agree with Lovelesspa here to a certain point. I failed to mention that I have a sports doctor than monitors me. The cycle you are doing is only a fraction compared to most cycles I am running these days. So on that note, I have blood work done every 3 weeks to examine my HDL and LDL levels, liver enzyme count, blood pressure, etc.

You have no worries about kidney and liver damage. Your hormones are taken via injection, not orally. All steroid orals are 17-alpha alkylated. This chemical prevents the steroids from being deactivated by the liver when injested, which in turn, causes HUGE stress on the liver (I thought I would add this in to help you learn a little more should you venture off into newer cycles in the future)...

Your cycle is very mild, but if you like, get a medical examination once you're done. Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 03:11 PM
    As a nurse, I like the advice given by Lovelesspa as well as MassNutrition. However, you should not be taking steroids via the guidance given here. You should be under the supervision of a physician while taking these steroids.

While the advice here is adequate, it by no means surpasses that of a physician and regular lab work.
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Jun 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
    No need to take steroids... period! Get a solid diet. Increase carbohydrate intake by drinking peanut punch, ensure plus to get the calorie intake up. Eat some lean meat like beef and use a protein powder if necessary. Lastly work out 3-4 times a week... 3 times is good but it should be intense and short. Diet is very important!

Train smart and u'll get results that show!

Jun 10, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Persad
    No need to take steroids...period! Get a solid diet. Increase carbohydrate intake by drinking peanut punch, ensure plus to get the calorie intake up. Eat some lean meat like beef and use a protein powder if necessary. Lastly work out 3-4 times a week...3 times is good but it should be intense and short. Diet is very important!

Train smart and u'll get results that show!
    He's not looking for moral support! He wants advice... period! The high carb diet is absolute nonsense. Muscles aren't built on carbs and fats. Yes, they aid in overall caloric intake, but you need PROTEIN to grow. Protein, protein, protein... a good rule of thumb is to get in At least ONE gram of protein for every pound you weight, per DAY. So if you weight 200 lbs, you need at least 200 grams of protein per day. Muscles are made up of amino acids and the retention of nitrogen. Carbs and fats and simply energy sources...

Good sources include LEAN red meats, whole eggs and egg whites, fish (tuna, salmon, talapia, etc), dairy products, chicken, tofu, and nuts and seeds.

Jun 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MassNutrition
    He's not looking for moral support! He wants advice... period! The high carb diet is absolute nonsense. Muscles aren't built on carbs and fats. Yes, they aid in overall caloric intake, but you need PROTEIN to grow. Protein, protein, protein... a good rule of thumb is to get in ATLEAST ONE gram of protein for every pound you weight, per DAY. So if you weight 200 lbs, you need atleast 200 grams of protein per day. Muscles are made up of amino acids and the retention of nitrogen. Carbs and fats and simply energy sources...

Good sources include LEAN red meats, whole eggs and egg whites, fish (tuna, salmon, talapia, etc), dairy products, chicken, tofu, and nuts and seeds.

The high carb diet is not nonsense. He is like 145 pounds. How you expect him to put on mass by only using protein. I doubt you know this but when you only take protein your body becomes less anabolic. That's exactly why bodybuilders have a high carb diet 2 put on mass while throwing in d protein shakes and eating lean meat like chicken. And before contest prep, they drop a lot of weight and get "rip or cut" as they starve there body of carbs and there primary intake becomes protein. If he only takes protein then I can assure you he would put on minimal size. Mass nutrition you don't know what you saying...

Jun 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Secondly there is nothing like taking only 1 cycle and you need to tell him the drugs this man uis going to take is crap. A beginner should always use test enanthate as there initial cycle for 10 weeks.

Jun 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Persad
    The high carb diet is not nonsense. He is like 145 pounds. How u expect him to put on mass by only using protein. I doubt u know this but when u only take protein ur body becomes less anabolic. That's exactly why bodybuilders have a high carb diet 2 put on mass while throwing in d protein shakes and eating lean meat like chicken. And before contest prep, they drop a lot of weight and get "rip or cut" as they starve there body of carbs and there primary intake becomes protein. If he only takes protein then i can assure u he would put on minimal size. Mass nutrition u don't know what u saying...
    Are you kidding me? I've been bodybuilding for 16 years! Carbs have absolute NO BIOLOGICAL value to the body WHATSOEVER! It is merely a source of energy. Carbs are not used for repairing tissues and organs.

And if you read my post carefully, you will see where I AGREED with you that "carbs aid in overall caloric intake". But you still need protein to grow. The only reason why we (us bodybuilders!) add carbs in our off-season is so the body will use the carbs as energy and not breakdown the precious proteins we consume, as energy. Get it?

Your answer will have much more value to it once you reach 260lbs to back it with...

You think all we eat for protein is shakes and red meats? You need to find a clue...

Jun 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Are you kidding me?! I've been bodybuilding for 16 years! Carbs have absolute NO BIOLOGICAL value to the body WHATSOEVER! It is merely a source of energy. Carbs are not used for repairing tissues and organs.

And if you read my post carefully, you will see where I AGREED with you that "carbs aid in overall caloric intake". But you still need protein to grow. The only reason why we (us bodybuilders!) add in carbs in our off-season is so the body will use the carbs as energy and not breakdown the precious proteins we consume, as energy. Get it?

Your answer will have much more value to it once you reach 260lbs to back it with...

You think all we eat for protein is shakes and red meats?! You need to find a clue...
    I am a 2nd degree black belt at 210. I don't need to be 260 to be strong. I think a 2nd degree black belt in karate means I'm pretty strong, fit and know what d requirements of hard training is.

Jun 11, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Maybe u grew on steroids and protein but d fact is to initially bulk up u need your carbs and then when you big enough u can cut out most of d carbs and switch to protein so as u rightly said your body would synthesize the proteins. Sure I agree with u from the bodybuilder perspective but not if u trying to give advice to a man who already doesn't have the adequate mass.

Jun 12, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Wat u mean hijack this thread?

Jun 12, 2008, 06:55 PM
    But on d basis of d question you don't agree that testosterone enthanate at 250-500 mg/ml per week is a good kickstart cycle as the first one?

Jun 12, 2008, 07:02 PM
    That's right, the advice I originally gave was a direct answer to his direct question on steroid advice and usage, NOT diet.

Maybe you should move your great advice to the "Nutrition" section instead of trying to hijack this thread...
    The thing about it, is that diet is extremely crucial and more important than ever when on steroids. You have to make sure that your body gets tons of protein so it becomes more anabolic. So if he takes steroids then he has to make sure he is consuming a lot of protein.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of steroid spots. [ 1 Answers ]

Im on steroids every month as part of my treatment, I take them, get really bad spots then they just clear as I go back on them again! Its really annoying, I'm very image conscious. Anyone have any ideas about creams/lotions or potions that can help?:)

Need some guidance Could I be Pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

So I need to ask again. I am beginning to really freak myself out. I don't think I am pregnant (or perhaps I don't want to think I am). I mean I just don't feel like I am. So here's the story. End of July I had unprotected sex, he pulled out before he came. Worried that I might get pregnant I took...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Can you provide me with the lists of colleges and universities in U.S.A. that offer biotechnology as major.

Steroid Induced Rosacea [ 3 Answers ]

Well I previously made a post about using 1% hydrocortisone on my face for two years. In addition to steroid induced rosacea I have acne vulgaris. I have read various sites that state that any acne topical that I am aware of will only worsen the rosacea. So I am left with an extremely flushed face...

View more questions Search