Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mezbori Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Immigration law
    Can an immigrant who came into the usa with a visa go into canada as a visitor?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 11:16 AM
    If you are a green card holder, you don't need visitor's visa to go to Canada and Mexico.. just your passport and green card.
    mezbori Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    If you are a greencard holder, you don't need visitor's visa to go to Canada and Mexico.. just your passport and greencard.
    What if this person doesn't have a green card?
    Immigration Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Then what is his/her legal status in US? What kind of visa?

If you have legal status here in US, such as work visa or student visa, you can obtain visitor's visa to go to Canada, and return to US.

If you have US visitor's visa, single or multiple entry, you can obtain visitor's visa to go to Canada BUT you won't be allowed to return to US.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Yup, it just depends what kind of visa you have, if you have a multiple entry visa then you can return to the US, if it's single entry you cannot.

Best to check with USCIS before you leave the country.
    Immigration Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 01:48 PM
    At present, if you visit US with multiple entry visitor's visa, if you go to Canada, US immigration won't let you return to US. This is to prevent people who want to get new I-94 in order to spend another 5-6 months in US for the second time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Immigration Law [ 56 Answers ]

I had a conversation this weekend with Shai Goldstein, the Executive Director of the New Jersey Immigration Policy Network (NJIPN), a liberal immigration-policy organization in New Jersey, regarding illegal immigration. Shai and I are friends despite the fact that he's a lib and I'm, well... I'm...

Immigration Law [ 3 Answers ]

If Someone Is An Illegal Immigrant And Then Decides That They Want To Return Back To Their Native Country, What Complications May Arrise... at The Airport, Customs, Etc...

View more questions Search