Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juiceylips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 03:14 AM
    A friend stole my boyfriend
    I met a guy through a chatroom and a very good friend of mine introduced to. The guy n I have been chatting privately and I told my "so called friend". She also invited him to private chat , and him being a man he agreed. I learnt today that she spent the weekend @ his place. All along she new very well that I like the guy but she became a cow and beat me to it.Should I still keep her as a friend or should I keep my distance?
    hulena Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceylips
    I met a guy through a chatroom and a very good friend of mine introduced to. The guy n I have been chatting privately and I told my "so called friend". She also invited him to private chat , and him being a man he agreed. I learnt today that she spent the weekend @ his place. All along she new very well that I like the guy but she became a cow and beat me to it.Should I still keep her as a friend or should I keep my distance?
    I think u should kkep it a distance don't say anything to your "friend." give it some time. Whenever your over it ask your friend that did she know u liked the guy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Well first you learned two lessons, your friend was not much of a friend,
    Second, the online person may not be who you think he is and most likely has dozens of online girlfriends. If he did this, you need to dump him,
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 07:01 AM
    She was never the friend you thought she was, and this guy isn't the man you thought he was, so the next, and only step is to cut them from your life, and get some real people to interact with.
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 2, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Agree with everybody... cut them both out of your life... They're people you deff don't need... Find better people, there are plenty out there!.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jun 2, 2008, 07:19 AM
    I disagree.
    Ok, so you liked him. But obviously so did she. Did you have any real claim over him? And he liked her. Did he know how you felt?
    If you really wanted something to come of it, you could have initiated something.
    Fair enough to feel hurt and a little sad. But you don't own them, you have no claim. Let them be happy. Don't let bitterness an jealousy rule you.
    I know that's not what you want to hear, ut it's my opinion.

Kal
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Ok, so you liked him. But obviously so did she. Did you have any real claim over him? And he liked her. Did he know how you felt?
    What ever happen to loyalty and decency?

Jun 2, 2008, 07:50 AM
    And at what point did she even mention that her friend knew she was interested?

Also, my best friend and I both liked the same guy in high school. She got him. They're still together and they're still really good friends of mine. We oth knew that the other was interested, so did that mean that neither of us would ever be allowed to do anything about it?

And they're a really good couple. What if they were "meant to be"? Had I stood in the way, they mightn't be together now.

Respect friends feelings, but "dibs" rules between friends seem utterly ridiculous.
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 2, 2008, 07:59 AM
    I don't know if she told the guy she liked him, but she told her friend.. and still she went for it... thats not right... the guy w.e.. but the friend?? you don't do that
    "I mean, that's just like, the rules of feminism!!! "- Mean Girls-
    ZigZag07 Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Jun 2, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Doesn't seem like she's a good friend. I don't think you need someone like that in your life. If I was you, I would keep my distance. Unless you can forgive, but for me, that would be hard to do. Doesn't seem like that was a "real friend" action... so.. I don't think you need. Her>?

Jun 3, 2008, 04:01 AM
    You know, quoting "Mean Girls" doesn't really give your argument much credit.

Another example. My ex boyfriend still likes me. We have a lot of mutual friends. Does that mean that none of my male friends are allowed to ever have anything to do with me out of respect for him? I don't want that to happen!

You can't expect people to back off on the off chance that you'll get your shot. He obviously wasn't interested in you. It's tough, but I'm sure it won't kill you.

Seriously, unless you're IN a relationship, you have no claim. All's fair in love and war.

The real question is; do you value your friends more than a stupid crush?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Forget both of them, you're better off without them in your life. With friends like those who needs enemies. The guy is a waste of time and you deserve better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend stole my guy [ 17 Answers ]

What shall I do my friend stole my guy and I want him back what shall I do has anyone got any advice ? :confused:

Best friend V. Boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, here's the thing. I went to a new school this year, and became friends with the greatest friends I could find. I love them so much. But about 7 months ago, my best friend asked me to go out with him and I said yes. We've been together since then, but he really hates my best friend kate. I...

Best friend or Boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been going out with this really great guy for a little over a month now, but I don't know what to do. He's treating me well and everything, its just that I'm not as into him as I used to be... he tells me that he loves me and I can't give it back to him... I normally don't tell a guy that I...

MY boyfriend stole my kids [ 12 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend were moving 2 hours away and he took the kids on the Friday all of the house contents all of the kids contents and was suppose to pick my up on suday to bring me there I stayed home to wrap up last min packing.I waited all mornin then his friend knocked on the door handin me...

View more questions Search