Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghost6252 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Who to report abandonment to
    Someone I know has a teen child under 16. They say they are going to kick the teen out of their house. If this person puts their kid out on the street can I call law enforemecnt and report it? What will happen to this parent and to the child? They are not family so I have no legal recourse to intervene. They live a few hundred miles away from me as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 07:03 PM
    You would want to call children and family services so they can investigate.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 08:43 PM
    As fr chuck said you can call family and child services. I would call sooner rather than later if you think the threats are real that way they can open a case before the child is kicked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Texas been living hear for 7 months my ex lives in Arizona I've had my kids for 2 years and she has not seen them in 2 years since I have been gone she has had one abortion and now she is giving a baby up for adoption I need to know if this fuls under abandonment in the state of Texas

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My ex have not seen my (our son) since he was born, he's two now. Would this be consider abandonment? How long until it is considered abandonment. We live in California. Thank you for your time and answer.

Is this abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

HI I have 4 children ages 8, 4, 3, 1 my 8 and 4 year old are from a previous relationship I left my ex when my 4 year old was 3 months old. And my boyfriend is the only father the 4 year old knows. The first year my ex and I separated he stuck to our agreement that he would take his kids every...

Abandonment [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Can someone tell me the advantages and benefits of having a parent declared to have abandoned his children? excon

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search