Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EEH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Age at which you can decide who you want to live with.
    I want to go to kent schools to further my education instaed of stow and I will have to partly live with my dad to do so, which I have no problem with. I want to know how old you have to be to decide which parent you want to live with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Ok, sorry if I don't know where you live. In the US you will have to be 18 to decide where you live. Younger than that you can testify in court where you want, but the non custody parent will have to file for custody.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
    As said if you are in the U.S. you have to be 18. If your dad agrees with you living with him he can file for custody and tell the judge why his place of residence would be better for you than what was originally ordered. You will probably be able to testify and tell the judge why you want the move but it will still be up to the judge to decide and you have to have your dad file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What age a child can decide with wichi parente to live in California State. [ 17 Answers ]

I want to know, when or what age a child can decide with wich parent to live in California State?

What age dose children decide where they want to live Ohio [ 12 Answers ]

My son is 14 yrs old and has stated he wants to live with his father because he doesn't like his sister so he has gone to his father and he has filed stuff with the courts for custody and a gal has been assigned to my son and this gal has told me that I could very well lose my son just because he...

Can a 16yr old decide who he/she wants to live with? [ 6 Answers ]

Can a 16 yr old decide where he or she wants to liv? I live with my mom but I want to move with my dad we used to live in Texas but she moved in with her boyfriend to North Carolina and I want to move back with my father what should I do?

Can't decide! [ 7 Answers ]

I am really really stuck!I'm trying to decide if I should try out for my middle school cheerleading squad,this is the last year that I can.I really like cheerleading, but I'm up against 6 other girls!! 3 are loved by all ,and good,and then one I know will make it because she is really good!! The...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search