Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redraven Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Mustang ac/heat blower will not turn off
    I have a 93 Mustang and the ac/heater blower will not turn off. I can turn the switsh higher and lower(blowing) BUT I can not turn it off or change the temp(which is on HEAT!). I have had it looked at, had the knobs replaced a year or 2 ago(it has not had this problem that long), but now after looking at it, they are saying the dash might have to come off. Money is tight, and I am wondering if there is a way to just stop the blower, heat and air . Can you take a fuse out to keep the unit from working? Or is there another way? And is it safe to do this? Thanks for any advise, it is 80+ degrees here and gas is outragious!
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Jun 2, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Yes. You can pop the fuse. Get the owner's manual and look in the electrical section. Find the fuse layout. That should tell you which fuse to pull.
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Jun 3, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Be very careful in pulling a fuse by knowing what you are disabling. Some fuses control more then 1 item. Make sure that the blower motor is the only item controlled by that fuse.

They are correct in the dash probably needing to be removed. The issue is in the heater control assembly and will most probably need to be replaced to remedy the situation corrrectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

Heat Pump blower, and heat, won't turn off- not contr. Bd. [ 0 Answers ]

I've read about blowers (heat pump) that won't shut off, no matter what done to thermostat, and the cause typically being a faulty control board, and/or fan relay on contl. Board. I replaced board, as tech removed green wire to demonstrate it's fault (didn't turn blower off), but tried a brand new...

Blower will not turn on on cooling but will work on heat? [ 6 Answers ]

My central a/c system inside blower will not turn on during cooling it will turn on during heat. Everything else on the system works. My system is over 13 years old.

Blower does not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

My central A/C and heat fan will not turn on at all. What could be the cause?

View more questions Search