Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tefariss Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 02:46 PM
    My 44" rider cuts to short for my liking
    I'm looking for advice. I raised the rear of my deck by moving the adjustments so now I want to put bigger deck leveling wheels to raise the front. It has three wheels lined up on the axle. Looks like clearance enough for wheels an inch larger. I can't stand cutting my lawn short and the highest setting was two low me my taste.
    Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
    What brand?

Mar 5, 2006, 03:19 AM
    It's a AYP 18 HP 44".
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 04:56 PM
    About how high do you have it now? You could try looking at pushmower wheels, stuff like that.

Mar 6, 2006, 06:14 AM
    I adjusted the rear up to about 4 inches. The front deck wheels are not adjustable so I'm thinking about finding a longer axle and putting a couple of pushmower wheels on either side of the existing deck wheels. It just might work! What do you think?
    Thanks
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2006, 11:54 AM
    It might... though pushmower wheels are pretty cheap to try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

18HP 44" Craftsman rider - eating drive belts! [ 6 Answers ]

I just munched my second drive belt last week. :mad: Now my mower is stranded in an acre of growing grass, getting taller by the minute! Before I drop another $30 on a belt, any ideas on adjustment? It seems really loose when the brake/clutch pedal is engaged and I've had to monkey with the...

Cousin Liking Problem [ 5 Answers ]

The Problem is,that there is a second cousin of mine who lives abroad, She comes to india once in a year,and stays here for a month or so, But for those 30 days she always invites me wherever she goes.and Recently when she came,she treated me differently from the rest of the cousins, She gave...

Murray rider troubles [ 6 Answers ]

I got a free `97 Murray riding lawn mower (42" cut) with a Tecumseh 15.5 engine. All I know is it was given away (to me) because it had been sitting for a while. The previous owners wife (she gave it to me, tired of it just sitting! ) told me the drive belt was toast, and that's why it was parked....

View more questions Search