Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbayliff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Switching from old Lennox to new thermostat
    The old thermostat is a Lennox t-90 mercury thermostat. It has 4 wires with an ac unit and a heating unit. There are no heat pumps on the system.
    The old t-stat Lennox T-90 has 5 terminals labeled G,F,C,H,and V. It has a jumper wire between the G and F.
    New thermostat is a Honeywell RTH230b. It has Rc, Rh, (with jumper), W, Y, and G terminals. The instructions do not list the terminals on my old t-stat.
    Questions are With the old terminal designations, where do they match on the new terminal designation?

I have done this before, but not replacing such an old t-stat (circa 1968). Not sure which wires go where.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 12:33 PM
    This link may be what you need.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    cdquikmc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2015, 07:17 PM
    I know this post is old, but I just replaced this same unit successfully, so I figured I'd get some karma out of it and make it easy for anyone else looking.

Just to clarify, it's an ITT General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. I have a forced air heat and cooling system, which is also Lennox.

The main issue is the letters/labeling for each terminal does match "modern" standards. In addition, my wiring did match the colors either, so it was a combination of research and guesswork to get it to work. (Two disclosures: I'm not a professional as this is the first thermostat I've replaced and I changed this is March, so I didn't run the A/C for long.)

You can probably ignore the wire colors (in parentheses) but I included them just in case.
    Old Lennox - (Wire color) - New Thermostat - [Function/what it does]
    G - (Orange) - C - [Ground]
    F - (Blue) - G - [Fan]
    C - (White) - Y - [Cooling/Compressor]
    H - (Green) - W - [Heat]
    V - (Red) - RcRh - [Power/Voltage]

Looking at the old labeling, it makes a lot more sense since the letters actual mean something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Lennox Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox T90H110A137 Thermostat with the following terminal letters and wire colors: G - blue wire F - red wire C - green wire H - yellow wire V - white wire I want to install a Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat. According to the RTH6300B Installation guide, it tells me to ignore wire...

Lennox to honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to replace a lennox therostat with a honeywell - the heat is working but the air is NOT When I wired the new thermostat the wire marked with w1 and o from the lennox did not match up - the instructions showed the wires both going to the same place - I hooked up the w1 and taped off the...

Thermostat not switching air on after putting in new batteries [ 2 Answers ]

Just noticed the thermostat said low Bat after the house warmed up. Changed batteries and now display is fine but when it clicks on the a/c nothing happens.:( Any help appreciated.

Lennox Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old lennox thermostat has 8 letters o-g-y1-r-l-t-c-w1-.my new honeywell thermostat has 9 locations lettered rc-r-o/b-y-g-c-l-e-aux.where do i put the l wire from the old lennox thermostat?

View more questions Search