Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neliehov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
    First felony violation of probation
    I have a fiancée who's a felon and violated his probation by not going in on 12/07; they placed a warrant for his arrest on 1/08; this is his first time violating his probation and his last day of probation is 04/08; will he have to do the hole 2 years in jail or will they just have him do the months(6) that he violated(like Dec. Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. Jun.) plus the months that he's been hiding out? How does the system work?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 12:27 PM
    First forget about that "last day of probation" that bird flew as soon as they placed a warrant for their arrest. It will be up to the judge, they could do the full sentence.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 12:42 PM
    When he attends his probation violation hearing the judge will look at the paperwork he signed when your boyfriend was first sentenced. In that order the judge will see what he had originally sentenced him to as far as jail time that he could serve if he violate his probation. If you need a copy of this order, you can go to the clerk's office (or call them) and they will read you the sentencing order so you can see for yourself what the judge said on paper.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Hello:

They can stop probation from running for almost anything... Parole, on the other hand, doesn't stop.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation violation [ 5 Answers ]

How much jail time is involved for receiving a DUI while on felony probation?

Felony probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently on felony probation and recently was stopper for driving without a drivers licensce... can anyone tell me if and how bad a violation that is?. please help!. I have court for the traffic violation on wed!!

Felony Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

If you are on felony probation and you get arrested for a DUI what are the consaquense's?

Felony probation violation [ 4 Answers ]

My son is being transported from one county 2 another on a felony probation violation for leave his county he spent 60 days for driving without a licesne his probation officer put a warrant out for him so now they have to transport to the other county. What might or could happen as for as time in...

Felony probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got arrested today for driving while license revoked and he is already on felony probation. What will happen to him?

View more questions Search