Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2008, 12:02 PM
    I am in labour yay
    So I went in this morning they gave me the gel, my cervix was already dilated to 1cm and he could feel the head. So now I was just send home for 3 hours and then I need to go back and if I am 3 cm they will keep in and all have this baby maybe tomorrow. I really hope I will be at 3 cm by 3:30pm.

Jun 1, 2008, 12:03 PM
    It is pretty much all back labour too yay, does anyone know how I can get from 1 cm to 3 cm in 3 hours?? They checked me at 9am and I was 1cm.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jun 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Walking may help. Congrats, and I hope all goes well!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Congrats!!

Walking is the best thing to help progress labor. Just remember GRAVITY! LOL

Good luck to you!
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 1, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Good luck to you, hope you have an easy delivery
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Best wishes
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Hope it all goes smoothly for you! Do your best to stay off your back as much as possible... definitely use gravity to your advantage... kneel and lean against back of bed, go on hands and knees on the bed and try pelvic rocks, stand and rest against the back of a chair and rock side to side, a birth ball may be especially helpful.

Jun 1, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Well my contractions are 3 minutes apart so they can't give me anymore Gel nor an IV at this point. My cervix is still high and still only at 1cm they send me home with some sleeping pills so I can rest tonight. They said to come back tomorrow for some more Gel or they are hoping that tonight my waters brakes on its own. I am really scared to be at home because I am not sure what I am doing. Neather my husband or myself have ever had kids so we don't know when its go time. My contractions are really painful and close but they are not doing enough for my cervix does anyone know what I should do now?
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 1, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Take my advice and sleep! Make sure your bags are ready, the car seat in the car, everyone you want to call is called, then take a nice warm shower, then take a sleeping pill and sleep. You would think they would let you sleep while in the hospital but they don't. SLeep girl and rest congrats

Jun 1, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Well I am vomiting now I have 3 times in the last 30 mintues, plus my contractions are now 1-2 mintues apart. Should I call the LD? I took the sleeping pill already.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 1, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Yaeh I would call them. How exciting!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my cat in labour [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm really new to this but my cat is due and she has been a little weird for days it looks like she is in pain she sleeping a lot babies are moving a lot her breathing is fast but she still eating and everything ill read said she will stop eating and is it true they onloy give birth at night...

Am I in labour? [ 4 Answers ]

Woke up at 1 am with pains in my upper stomach, I ran to the washroom and I began to push because I thought I had to go number 2 but nothing. Then I began to throw up violently, the pain went to my lower abdomen. The pain in my upper stomach is always there, but the pain in my abdomen comes and...

Cat labour [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) :) I have this cat that is pregnant and she is going in her litter tray every other day and what she is doing is very large amounts lol is this a sign and also she likes it on my bed and also under my bed. Is this a sign lol Thanks:rolleyes: :)

Labour union [ 2 Answers ]

Labour union are hindrance to the industry/ labour are partners to the industry if nurtured properly

Cat About To Go In Labour. [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: What do I have to do for my daughter's cat when she has her kitties? She seems to hide in the basement lately, but we don't want her down there, where else can we set up her box? Also can we pick up the kittens once they're born?

View more questions Search