Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Something weird
    For a while now, every once in a while, while I'm walking, I'll feel kind of weird. My vision gets blurry and a bit flashy, and I have trouble keeping my balance. This usually lasts about 5 seconds or so and only happens about once every 3 weeks. Today, the same thing happened, but this time it lasted for 10 seconds. This odd thing about this time was that I noticed my body shaking a bit, and I also had to grab onto the wall to keep my balance. I'm only 18 years old. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? (I don't suffer from seizures or anything else, and I have no allergies or illnesses at the moment)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2006, 12:54 PM
    This is a serious situation and dangerous if it would happen while driving or some activity that would cause you to hurt yourself or others.

Please go to the doctor at once for a completely examination.
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Oddly enough though, this only happens after I lie down on the couch and watch TV. When I get up, about 2 seconds later then sometimes it hits
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 4, 2006, 04:35 PM
    This happens to me to. When I went to my doctor about it he told me that its something with the blood rushing to your head, and that it could be something to do with low blood pressure. When I would stand up suddenly I would get blurry spots before my eyes and feel like I was going to fall over ,same symptoms. My doctor said or it could be something to do with dehydration, oddly enough when I started drinking more water, these sensations started happening infrequently.

Im only saying from my expirence. Im sure its not serious, but never take medical advice complete to heart unless its from a doctor. Go scehdual an appointment right away, you never know.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Same here. I have low blood pressure, and I experience this sensation quite often. I would go to a doctor to have it checked out though, as others have said, just to make sure it's nothing more serious.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Hi, Student,
    It could be related to High Blood Pressure also. Or, could be an inner ear infection, or many other things.
    See a Doctor, Please.
    I do wish you the very best of luck. and don't wait. You need to be checked out by a Doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird [ 6 Answers ]

I just took a look at my number of posts and I realize I have only 59 what's even weirder is that it says I have 71 in the last 90 days. Now I have been here from November 2005, and I have only 59 posts which is correct but in the last 90 days I have posted 71 times. Which I understand they don't...

How is this for weird... [ 1 Answers ]

may dad passed away last yr feb... had dream about waking up looking at alarm clock and saw the time my dad was telling me I'd be late for school... guess what... the daily #'s came out and MATCHED the time on clock!! and I never played them!! weird... happened 2x's so far.. thought they were...

Weird Friend [ 2 Answers ]

This guy that's my friend, Travis, (ex boyfriend)... Lately, he's been kind of weird... He says if I go out with someone that he'll go out with someone that likes him.. n being honest NOT many girl LIKE him.. because of his looks and I feel very sorry for him... but he's so.. sweet but he...

Very weird one Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is going to sound weird but I am not kidding when I say that my monitor is causing my sound not to work. When I try to increase the volume I can visuall even see the volume going right back down all the way on its own. I have tested everything with different parts and everything works...

View more questions Search