Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordan06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 11:24 AM
    I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. says she needs her space
    Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to tell me or not. I found out about it through our e-mail and she was very upset and I told her that I was leaving and she begged and begged me to stay... so I did and now the situation has now come back on me.:confused: I'm really confused about the whole situation and now she says she needs her space, but I believe that we need to work on this and not pull apart. But I guess that I'm searching for some advice?? Should I give her the space that she is asking for or should I try harder to make her realize that we are sopposed to be together... b/c we have talked about marriage many of times... but right now she can't even look me in the eye and when we kiss there is nothing there... NOTHING... so I just don't know what to do. I know that I'm not perfect... I HAVE NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF CHEATING ON HER!! NEVER!!
    She says that she is unhappy right now and needs space to figure things out, but I feel that's only making things worse.I have made promises and commitments that I haven't kept. How do I make her realize that I love her and I just want another chance to prove to her that I just want love her and make her happy... I keep reminding her of the great times we have had and telling her that I need her back and that I love her more than anything.

Please help me , and thank you for taking the time to read this :)

I'm just so depressed right now and need some advice on what to do...
    Thanks
    mattvit Posts: 73, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Bro, this crap suck. Just been there and still there. Read my thread and lost's thread. Everything u need to know is there .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2006, 02:49 PM
    You two had a great time but you need to know that somewhere along the way her feelings changed. There is nothing you can do to make a person do what you want no matter how bad you want it.Mattvit is right as you should read his thread and understand that what you should be doing is working on your own life and not pining over a female that's trying to get her life together without you.Accept things for what they are and forget the whiney begging stuff as and be mature enough to leave her alone for a while ,and take the time to get yourself together without her.Easier said than done I know but doing it will benefit you down the road.:cool:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 09:58 AM
    HI,
    First of all, she was drunk when she kissed someone else. That is a big difference; she may have been too drunk to even know what she was doing.
    Then, for you to make a big deal out of it didn't help anything.
    She needs time to herself; to figure out where she is going from here. There is nothing you can do, except wait.
    I would start meeting new girls, and talking with them. It's the best way to get over her for now.
    She already knows you love her, but it isn't making any difference. If you two are meant to be together, it will happen; but only after she has some time to think about it.
    Best of luck.
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Mar 8, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Give her space. Your confidence and understanding will be more attractive then begging and 'working on it'. My girlfriend moved out a week ago after 4 years. The only thing that works is to give them space and meet new people. Its hard, but telling her to go may make her come back. The only thing I know now is that she NEEDS the space. If you give it to her and she does not come back then she doesn't fel the way you do.

In years past I was able to keep my girl around by being there and doing anything for her when she felt bad about us. But now that she decided on it, I can't stop her.

Oh and trust me, as much as I don't FEEL that it is true, I know one thing IS true. There are other girls, and you don't want one that doesn't want you. You need to be in control and be the man, she will find you if she wants you. But don't let her know you are waiting. I went out and had a good time this last weekend and plan on doing the same this weekend, trust me it will hurt. But already I feel a little (only a little) bit better. Read my posts.

I think the Will they come back... post has a lot of good advice on your situation. Good luck and as I have been told, Be Strong!

It is all good in the hood.

JC
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Mar 8, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Oh another thing. As odd as it may sound, being on these forums and talking to other people about what they are going through has helped. I read a lot of other posts on the subject and they have helped me know what to look for from myself AND from my girlfriend. Trust that if this is your life partner she would need to feel it too and would come back when she misses you. Give yourselves both time to decide on what you want. Again I say, don't let her know your hurting or waiting for her, just have fun with your time/life.

JC
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2006, 11:51 AM
    My girlfriend of 2 years told me she needed space... so I did the whole begging thing and telling her we can work on it... not the way to go. It made her want me less and now thinking back on how weak I was, it makes me sick. She wants space... give it to her. No contact, no attempts to try to stay in her life, nothing. Act like she doesn't exist (which is very hard believe me I know). In the mean time go out and have fun with your friends. You should get drunk and kiss other girls... it made me feel a lot better. If you guys get back together then great... but don't live your life planning on it cause if you do and you don't get back together your in for a world of hurt... believe me I just got out of it. Just keep yourself busy and work on yourself, don't think of her. Even if you don't end up back together thing do work out in the end. Keep you head up man
    Danny187 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I agree with them man... I've been there too... and I'm going through that as well... trust me its a lot easier said than done... just give it to her... But don't close your doors. Go talk to a girl that interests you that always works for me. Just have fun! Pain is temporary pride is FOREVER!
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Feb 27, 2007, 03:41 PM
    A gal's perspective: she's not a damsel in distress, she's a girl who wants to move on and is afraid of saying so. She also thinks about the great times you've had, but, she may think even more about your reliability and all the "promises and committments that you haven't kept". After a while, the promise to change, the declarations of true love, the begging and pleading don't mean a thing.

Move on. Don't call her, don't write, text, email or contact her in any way, shape or form. Respect her wishes and respect yourself. Learn from this one and grow.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 03:58 PM
    I thought they closed nearly year old threads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Space... I think... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sort of new to actual dating... I went out with a few guys in school.. but the relationship really never left school. Once I graduated I fell in love with a guy from australia... was with him for 2 years... and went to see him for 6 months... I waited patiently for 2 years (until three weeks...

Need space [ 6 Answers ]

New here I am recently separated from my kid's mother, just simply fell in love with another woman.started out great than ex started calling and harassing new woman in my life.saying thing's like we are going to get back together,to stay away from our kid's wich limit's my time with new woman she...

Space bar [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, It must be something I done, wonder if anybody can help. When I'm in M.S.Word I press my space bar and I get a stop / dot Full stop. Also my Font size icon and my left justify, right justify and centre icons have gone. Any ideas?

My girlfriend needs space but she loves me she says [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship with my girlfriend for 5 months now. Everything has been amazing between us we have spent almost every day together doing something even if it was just watching a movie or talking for 5 minutes. Recently she has had some problems with another girl wanting to fight...

View more questions Search