Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goob12 Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 03:27 AM
    Neverwinter nights 2 video card error
    HI
    I recently purchased a copy of neverwinter nights 2 and I went to play it, I loaded it up but the screen went black and roze and it said video card has to be at least 128 and then it cancels. I typed in dxdiag and it said that my video card had 338mb
    What should I do :confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 1, 2008, 03:34 AM
    What DXDiag is showing is the total amount of system RAM available and NOT what the graphics card has.

It sounds like the game is looking for a dedicated video card and not the normal on board one.

Jun 1, 2008, 03:37 AM
    It shows the system ram but when you click on display it shows the graphics card ram
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 1, 2008, 03:51 AM
    338 Mb is NOT the cards RAM, sounds more like shared system resources for an IN BUILT card.

Jun 1, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Hi
    I've managed to fix the problem, for all those who have this problem go onto run and type regedit go to edit and click find type in exactly like this HardWareInformation.MemorySize you now click F3 until you find HardWareInformation.MemorySize dword and changer it to 08000000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video Card error? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to run a game that requires a 3d graphics card compatible with directx 9 (or something like that). But when I start the game, it says "prism3d.exe failed to launch." I Would like to know whether my video driver is capable of handling the application 'Prism3d'. It's the Intel 945 Chipset...

I want a new video card [ 21 Answers ]

I don't know too much about video cards so I figured I would ask for some advice. I like to play a lot of games. I've been interested in a few games for PC only to find out that my video card isn't supported. (Example Black and White 2 won't work because my video card doesn't support pixel...

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

Video controller error [ 1 Answers ]

Installed Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphic card on a compaq presario. How to repair the video controller (VGA Compatible) error?

Help with video card [ 1 Answers ]

I was given an older pc. I had to reformat and now I'm having problems with the display. From what I can see, my video card is a 3D-FX. How can I find which version and where can I find the drivers for it. Operating Win95.

View more questions Search