Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summersunshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Computer Trouble, Things Keep Deleting
    Hi, Someone resently has sent keyloggers, etc to my home comp. It came from someone who I used to work with and they are able to delete stuff off my desktop. All my work files keep ending up in the recycle bin. I have used numerous anti spy programs.. norton, avg, spybot, windows defender and counterspy. Counterspy got rid of the keyloggers but the stuff on my desktop still keeps deleting and my Yahoo email will no longer let me attach any files. I have tried other email addys on my comp which let me attach without problems.. just my email won't let me. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? This guy is going to cost me my job, please help. Thanks = )
    Gho5t Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 08:05 PM
    First understand,if they can access your desktop,you do not have a keylogger,you have a trojan (back door). First thing first,go to your firewall settings,click on exceptions and uncheck remote assistant. Everything that has to do with remote,uncheck it or delete it.
    Also try a different antivirus/antispyware program.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jan 3, 2009, 12:06 AM

Using Internet Exploer, go to:

Free Virus Scan - Free Antivirus Software | Norton Security Scan

Click "Continue to Symantec Security Check", in the next window click No when asked if you want to close this window, that will bring you to a window where you should click Virus Detection.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: : and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually. Make sure that you follow the instructions for removal, step by step, especially the part regarding disabling System Restore.

I would also suggest downloading Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6 from:

Spybot - Search & Destroy - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Check for updates before running a scan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deleting mcafee from computer [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to go to control panel and delete the mcafee security program and it says I have to delete the legacy application first? What does this mean?

Computer in trouble. [ 5 Answers ]

My laptop computer is running very slow too slow I should say. I just hooked up my laptop to The internet and I downloaded AVG 7.5, CCleaner, Spybot-search and destroy, Ad-Ware 2007, and ZoneAlram free firewall. I use FireFox, and when ever I click on it to start it up, it take forever to...

Can the computer delete things itself [ 1 Answers ]

Can the computer delete your internet history itself. I have three days history sitting on my computer and for some reason yesterdays is gone, is this normal?

How do I download things from the computer to the sidekick lx [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a sidekick lx and I need help 2 find out how 2 download things from the internet on the computer to the sidekick lx. The websiste is www.sklxthemes.com can you please tell me how 2 download these things on to the sidekick?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Deleting things from msconfig startup [ 5 Answers ]

I have a compaq computer, running windows xp, and using internet explorer. I've gone to msconfig and unchecked several programs so they won't load at start up. Some of them have loaded up again so what I want to know is it OK to delete the programs from msconfig that have no check mark in the box...

View more questions Search