Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 11, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Those folks who "voted fair and square" knew beforehand that their votes were likely to be discounted. The states violated the rules. Whether the rule was justified is another matter. I guess I see, from a monetary standpoint, why so many seem to want the primaries over with in a hurry, but I'd like the primary season to hang around longer. Too quickly and lesser known candidates stay that way. I wanted Edwards, but the speed by which primaries flew by didn't give him enough chance to gain any momentum. I'm also sure there are other want to be candidates who never even got a chance. Extending the primary season, ultimately, gives us more options and may reduce the ever-growing problem of not really having a multi-party system - or even a real 2-party one...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 07:33 AM
    but I'd like the primary season to hang around longer. Too quickly and lesser known candidates stay that way.
    Agree. The rush to pick a candidate quickly without proper vetting is a recipe for disaster. As it is ;no one really examined Obama until it was too late .
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 11, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    agree. The rush to pick a candidate quickly without proper vetting is a recipe for disaster. As it is ;no one really examined Obama until it was too late .

You should had seen the expression on my face when Dubya was elected, not once, but twice. :eek: Some people are slow learners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mythological creatures half human half animal [ 14 Answers ]

What are they called? There is a general therm for all of them, and each type also has an additional name. Some of them are half horse half human, others half goat half human etc..

What count down [ 2 Answers ]

What was the top ten hits in 1978?

Congress and senate votes. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website to see how congress and senate cast there votes?State politicians also.

Hillary Clinton votes for WAR with the Iranians now? [ 5 Answers ]

Hilary Clinton wants to go to war with Iran? I thought she was against war? YouTube - Hillary Clinton Believes War With Iran Would Be Funny And why is she saying that every Republican supports the current War on Iraq? YouTube - * HILLARY CLINTON FLAT OUT LIES AT THE JUNE 3RD CNN DEBATE *

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search