Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    If they broke the rules then i reckon they're lucky to be even getting half a vote.
    Hell yes they're lucky. The "pig" that they're trying to pretty up is that Hillary supported the sanctions on Michigan and Florida when she thought they wouldn't matter, but she left her name on the ballot, did "fundraising" that was actually thinly disguised campaigning, which she had pledged not to do, and as soon as she saw she needed their delegates, all of a sudden it's "disenfranchisement" like in Zimbabwe. Give me a break. Her "principles" amount to nothing more than "win at any cost".
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Wow, so just because it's a primary it doesn't matter if their vote doesn't count? I'd be pi$$ed if my vote didn't count in ANY election. "Lipstick on a pig!" was exactly what one of the attendees thought of the outcome.

I think it's hilarious, after 7 years of people complaining Bush stole the 2000 election in the ultimate "disenfranchisement," that the Dems are giving half votes and estimating delegates.

I think an alien took over Steve's body as he made it painfully clear here that rules and guidelines are to be disregarded, along with championing actions absent of penalty. Many of these same Republicans that didn't want the Florida vote count continued in 2000, now want the DNC to abandon all discipline in favor of chaos and loose perimeters.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    I think an alien took over Steve's body as he made it painfully clear here that rules and guidelines are to be disregarded, along with championing actions absent of penalty. Many of these same Republicans that didn't want the Florida vote count continued in 2000, now want the DNC to abandon all discipline in favor of chaos and loose perimeters.
    Bobby, I think if you'll look back a ways you'll see I supported their rules long before all this broke out. Darned if facts don't keep getting in the way of semi-good insult :)

Personally, I don't care what you guys do in the primaries, I'm just having a blast watching and stoking the fire. After seven years of unhinged Democratic screams that Bush stole the 2000 election, the Supreme Court, Bush and Florida "disenfranchised voters," that Gore won the popular vote (he didn't) and that's how we should decide an election (like Hillary winning the popular vote in Texas but Obama getting more delegates), etc. I'm more than amused watching all those arguments get tossed aside - or turned inside out or whatever you guys are doing. But then, I've long been amused by watching the Dems constantly move the goal posts. :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 07:41 PM
    If they broke the rules then i reckon they're lucky to be even getting half a vote. Seems pretty simple to me!!

Or is all this carry on just another act in this marathon theatre production called an presidential election?? Must be!! Speilberg & Lucas would be proud!!
    This just act 487 on the Democrat's side, and I must say they're putting on a splendid show :).
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 09:02 PM
    I can't wait for the encore when the apparent real enemies go after one another.

This whole episode really has made Hillary look a fool though!
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 04:49 AM
    I can't wait for the encore when the apparent real enemies go after one another.

This whole episode really has made Hillary look a fool though!
    True, but she's also had plenty of help from her hubby, the media and her fellow Dems.

Jun 3, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Bobby, I think if you'll look back a ways you'll see I supported their rules long before all this broke out. Darned if facts don't keep getting in the way of semi-good insult :)
    Like your inconsistency? That would be a fact. I care what they do in the primaries because the rules are in place, now you don't. I wonder how that works outside politics?

I'm just having a blast watching and stoking the fire.

You've tried to stoke a fire with wet wood. General election campaigning has become nothing but one big game for the Republican preadolescent party, you guys really shouldn't follow in Hillary's footsteps. :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Like your inconsistency? That would be a fact. I care what they do in the primaries because the rules are in place, now you don't. I wonder how that works outside politics?
    What inconsistency? I said I supported the rules before and I still do... especially if it keeps making the Dems look foolish. But, that doesn't stop me from poking them in the eye over their evolving standards. :D

You've tried to stoke a fire with wet wood. General election campaigning has become nothing but one big game for the Republican preadolescent party, you guys really shouldn't follow in Hillary's footsteps. :rolleyes:
    With openings like this what can you expect?

Jun 3, 2008, 09:18 AM
    What inconsistency? I said I supported the rules before and I still do...especially if it keeps making the Dems look foolish. But, that doesn't stop me from poking them in the eye over their evolving standards. :D

So let me get this straight. You are for the rules, but want to impress on people that they shouldn't be followed? :eek:

With openings like this what can you expect?

Not much anymore. Geezus Steve, you have nothing better to do? Can't that wife give you a chore or two to do around the house? :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:09 AM
    So let me get this straight. You are for the rules, but want to impress on people that they shouldn't be followed? :eek:
    You're getting pretty good at this spin stuff, Bobby but I don't recall ever telling the Dems to break the rules. Just pointing out the obvious, how the left changes the "rules" to suit the occasion. :D

Not much anymore. Geezus Steve, you have nothing better to do? Can't that wife give you a chore or two to do around the house? :)
    Well, fantasy football season is not here yet so I got to have fun somewhere. Mocking politicians is a suitable substitute for now.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Well, fantasy football season is not here yet so I gotta have fun somewhere. Mocking politicians is a suitable substitute for now.
    That's quite a life you've carved out for yourself.

Jun 3, 2008, 10:25 AM
    You're getting pretty good at this spin stuff, Bobby but I don't recall ever telling the Dems to break the rules. Just pointing out the obvious, how the left changes the "rules" to suit the occasion. :D
    Huh? You're the one that admitted to "stoking the fire." BTW the DNC didn't change the rules for moving up their primary dates. In fact the DNC proceeded with penalties for actions with lenient resolve at Obama's request.

Well, fantasy football season is not here yet so I gotta have fun somewhere. Mocking politicians is a suitable substitute for now.
    Yup! I call it, "Fantasy Republican Politics," as usual. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    That's quite a life you've carved out for yourself.
    Nothing wrong with little break from work, cooking for my wife, gardening, reading, playing with the dogs, church, home repairs and improvements, band practice...
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Huh?! You're the one that admitted to "stoking the fire." BTW the DNC didn't change the rules for moving up their primary dates. In fact the DNC proceeded with penalties for actions with lenient resolve at Obama's request.
    Clearly from my first post on this, the "rules" I was referring to in stoking the fire is the ever evolving, contradictory code the left lives by - not the DNC rules.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Clearly from my first post on this, the "rules" I was referring to in stoking the fire is the ever evolving contradictory code the left lives by
    I take it you mean by comparison and in contrast to the unalterably rigid contradictory code the right lives by.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    I take it you mean by comparison and in contrast to the unalterably rigid contradictory code the right lives by.
    I gave examples, where are yours?

Jun 3, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Wow, so just because it's a primary it doesn't matter if their vote doesn't count? I'd be pi$$ed if my vote didn't count in ANY election. "Lipstick on a pig!" was exactly what one of the attendees thought of the outcome.

I think it's hilarious, after 7 years of people complaining Bush stole the 2000 election in the ultimate "disenfranchisement," that the Dems are giving half votes and estimating delegates.
    That's an example: being "pi$$ed???" All 50 States in the Democratic primaries were DNC warned of due process resulting in possible penalty for actions. In 2000 it was hanging chads, other voting irregularities, and completely stopping a vote re-count in a general election, thanks to Republicans. Did Jeb and G.W. Bush warn 50 States that they were going to penalize the nation for wanting a re-count due to Florida's voting irregularities?? Nope! Had we only knew! Instead it took a split vote count in the Supreme Court to try and reform the circus.

Clearly from my first post on this, the "rules" I was referring to in stoking the fire is the ever evolving, contradictory code the left lives by - not the DNC rules.
    Uh-huh! I see that your code is about good as your example. Not good "Steve," not good.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
    That's an example: being "pi$$ed???" All 50 States in the Democratic primaries were DNC warned of due process resulting in possible penalty for actions. In 2000 it was hanging chads, other voting irregularities, and completely stopping a vote re-count in a general election, thanks to Republicans. Did Jeb and G.W. Bush warn 50 States that he was going to penalize the nation for wanting a re-count due to Florida's voting irregularities??? Nope! Had we only knew! Instead it took a split vote count in the Supreme Court to try and reform the circus.
    You are a funny guy, Bobby. Follow me here, the examples were in this post, not the one you selected.

After seven years of unhinged Democratic screams that Bush stole the 2000 election, the Supreme Court, Bush and Florida "disenfranchised voters," that Gore won the popular vote (he didn't) and that's how we should decide an election (like Hillary winning the popular vote in Texas but Obama getting more delegates), etc., I'm more than amused watching all those arguments get tossed aside - or turned inside out or whatever you guys are doing.

I agree, the DNC made the rules and warned the two states so you guys have to live by them - or not, or fight about it or take it to court (as is the custom) or whatever. But do you not see the delicious irony in all those years of good progressives everywhere whining about the 2000 election (to this day), the 'disenfranchisement' era, the cries to eliminate the electoral college and switch to a popular vote - while the Dems are 'disenfranchising' voters in Florida and Michigan, ignoring the popular vote (as in Texas), estimating delegates, giving half votes - and fighting amongst yourselves about it?

And by the way, it was Gore that wanted the recount, in 4 counties.

Jun 3, 2008, 05:05 PM
    You are a funny guy, Bobby. Follow me here, the examples were in this post, not the one you selected.

After seven years of unhinged Democratic screams that Bush stole the 2000 election, the Supreme Court, Bush and Florida "disenfranchised voters," that Gore won the popular vote (he didn't) and that's how we should decide an election (like Hillary winning the popular vote in Texas but Obama getting more delegates), etc., I'm more than amused watching all those arguments get tossed aside - or turned inside out or whatever you guys are doing.

I agree, the DNC made the rules and warned the two states so you guys have to live by them - or not, or fight about it or take it to court (as is the custom) or whatever. But do you not see the delicious irony in all those years of good progressives everywhere whining about the 2000 election (to this day), the 'disenfranchisement' era, the cries to eliminate the electoral college and switch to a popular vote - while the Dems are 'disenfranchising' voters in Florida and Michigan, ignoring the popular vote (as in Texas), estimating delegates, giving half votes - and fighting amongst yourselves about it?

That was an example?? LOL! Well! What a surprise? You're going down another failed argument path. Obama actually has the popular vote lead and that includes the fact he only received uncommitted popular votes for Michigan being that his name was not even on the ballot. BTW if you fail to obey the law and have to pay the penalty for your actions later, whose to blame?? Did the police disenfranchise you from being law abiding, or did you do that to yourself??

Despite Hillary's poor math skills, and the Fox Networks blundering misjudgments, here's the actual populace vote count with a total count having Obama ahead, albeit barley. BTW, as of late this afternoon, Barack Obama received enough delegates that he now has earned the nomination fairly! Arguments now concerning the Democratic chosen nominee, are in effect, futile.

RealClearPolitics - 2008 Elections - Democratic Vote Count

And by the way, it was Gore that wanted the recount, in 4 counties.

Nope! It was Gore being supported by a majority of the Democratic public that was being opposed by Bush with Republicans support, on a re-count, concerning four counties, in Florida.:)

CNN.com - Bush camp tries to halt Florida recounts - December 8, 2000
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jun 3, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Oh come on, Bobby. Get over 2000! How many times did they recount? Time was running out. If the Dems had their way we would have gotten to January without a winner. And I seem to remember that every time they recounted, G. Bush gained a few more votes! A month more and he might have had a landslide!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mythological creatures half human half animal [ 14 Answers ]

What are they called? There is a general therm for all of them, and each type also has an additional name. Some of them are half horse half human, others half goat half human etc..

What count down [ 2 Answers ]

What was the top ten hits in 1978?

Congress and senate votes. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website to see how congress and senate cast there votes?State politicians also.

Hillary Clinton votes for WAR with the Iranians now? [ 5 Answers ]

Hilary Clinton wants to go to war with Iran? I thought she was against war? YouTube - Hillary Clinton Believes War With Iran Would Be Funny And why is she saying that every Republican supports the current War on Iraq? YouTube - * HILLARY CLINTON FLAT OUT LIES AT THE JUNE 3RD CNN DEBATE *

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search