Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    extreme42583 Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2006, 10:11 AM
    How to stain wood??
    My question is simple, I believe. What is the proper way or technique in staining on wood. I have kitchen cabinets, doors, and trim that I would like to stain. American Cherry stain is what I have, and I am putting it on pine, popular wood. I know I need foam brushes and all that LOL. I think I need to stain three coats and sand in between, but with? Also, how many coats of poly. Should I use. Thank you!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Hi,
    Here is a good link with explanations and steps:
    http://www.diynet.com/diy/hk_cabinet...576268,00.html

There are also many other links on the web with suggestions and "how to".
    The one above gives good info.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and when finished, I'll bet your cabinets, etc, will be Beautiful!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
    I would carefully read the instructions on the material you have. They are specific to it. I usually only put one coat of stain on, and never had to sand. The poly will take at least 2, a thin one sanding after it, and one more. You might put a third one on areas you expect more wear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are sperm tails lost before the heads? [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other forensically significant proteins?

Stain under sink [ 4 Answers ]

There is a small raised patchy area under our sink that was checked with inspection when we bought the house. Nothing was found to be leaking, and it was thought it was an old drip that was repaired, or something spilled and dried up. That area has now turned blueish green. I do use those...

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have spilt some paint on floor and kitchen cabinets while painting on walls.Could you please suggest me how to remove those paint spots. Thanks

Stain removal [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove candle wax from cloth?

View more questions Search