Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevco Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Deleting mcafee from computer
    I tried to go to control panel and delete the mcafee security program and it says I have to delete the legacy application first? What does this mean?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

May 31, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Dear kevco

For legacy applications see : Legacy system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To delete : go to control panel - software - mcafee security and use the delete service of that program itself, instead of the common control panel delete function.

Success!
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 31, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Try this McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

McAfee saying computer not fully protected [ 9 Answers ]

Its installed and registered. It seems to be working fine at making sure to warn me about things it doesn't recognize and blocking them when asked to. But every once in a while this message bubble pops up that says"your computer is not fully protected" so I click on it and it pops up the security...

Uninstalling McaFee [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My PC has windows 2000 Professional... McaFee 1995 is on it but I want to remove it and install a more current anti virus. When I try to remove it (Add/Remove Program in Control Panel) it says I cant's because there is no blah blah log blah blah (missing part). How can I get this thing...

Uninstall mcafee for free [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried calling them, they charge $1.95 a minute and I also got the run around. Tried add/remove programs and it said you had to remove all the components 1st. How am I supposed to know what the friggin components are? How can I remove this computer boggin, pop up every 5 second, always...

McAfee Items detected? [ 1 Answers ]

What are "items detected" in McAfee's security center

View more questions Search