Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adutruch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 06:35 PM
    I want to buy a house
    I need money to help pay for school to be come a psychologist.
    Can I practice in the state of Louisiana with a felony record as a Psychologist?
    I need to pay for legal support to help with my fines and having my record expunged.
    I want to buy a house, I don't have that great of credit but banks will not loan money to excons.
    I want my voting rights back
    Help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Actually with good credit banks will loan money to excons, they do it all the times to start business, and more.

Also if you are still paying fines, then you are not ready to start thinking about having your record explunged, you need to be 8 to 10 years after the fact to apply for a conviction to be explunged. Also you may want to discuss it with an attorney, some do not like to explunge records anyway.

As for as a license, it will be up to the ethics board on that professoin, so a lot may have to do with what the crime was and how long ago it happened. So you may wish to see if you can question them on this, in general of course since they will never commit until they get an actual application.

On a house, you may look into owner finance, lease to own or contract for deed ( they call it something else in LA)

I will also note you need to read the rules on the use of the rate buttom, you were very rude and your rating was uncalled for on another post, It is common to ask additional questions to get more info before we answer.

Just like you in question without knowing more info it is hard to give a good answer,
    1 what was the crime
    2. how long ago was it,
    3, was there more than one crime
    4, were there additional misdemeanors before or after.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house trained dog has recently began going in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has recently began going to the bathroom in my house and I don't understand why. Could he be mad at me? I just started a new 8-5 job and I started keeping him in the bathroom while I'm at work. I use to keep him outside, but it's cold and I always worry that he's freezing while I'm gone. I...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

View more questions Search