Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spanky1923 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 05:42 PM
    About my probation officer coming to my house taking bank statements.
    Well the other day my probation officer came to my house well five of them did and went through my things. They took bank statements and my check book. I wasn't there but my girlfriend was. They told her to tell me to call them to see if I could get my papers back.. I'm on probation for fake checks.. do I have any reason to worry can they get me for anything there's nothing wrong with my banks. And is it weird they came by.. it was the first time out of a year? Thank You
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Hello spanky:

If there's nothing out of order, then you shouldn't worry - too much, that is. You got to wonder why they decided to roust you.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Well I guess the term "banks" come up, how many checking accounts do you have? They may have a concern for several accounts from different banks, in case you may be using them as a template for making fake checks, Since normally a person normally has one, maybe two accounts, You may have to explain a lot of accounts esp if they are all low amounts of money in them.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 08:03 AM
    You know, this coming right after a question about "what happens if I break probation" from the same person makes me think that there may be a good reason that the probation officer was taking those documents.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Hello again, spanky:

You know, a lot of the mistakes people make on this site is that they think they're talking to the cops... They think that if they give us a whole long story that that'll make it seem reasonable why they stole...

Then there are the others who won't admit that they did, or tell us what REALLY happened because they think we'll judge 'em too. Well, some of us here DO judge. But, so what?? We don't know you from Adam.

If you ARE doing something, WE'RE the people to tell it to...

excon
    Khalid31 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky1923
    Well the other day my probation officer came to my house well five of them did and went through my things. They took bank statements and my check book. i wasnt there but my girlfriend was. they told her to tell me to call them to see if i could get my papers back.. im on probation for fake checks.. do i have any reason to worry can they get me for anything theres nothing wrong with my banks. and is it weird they came by.. it was the the first time out of a year? Thank You
    You have right like everyone else, the first thing is, they need a warrant to search your property, the second thing is, I suggest that you contact the officer, and ask them to give you statements and cheque book back, or you CAN report them for theft.
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid31
    You have right like everyone else, the first thing is, they need a warrent to search your property, the second thing is, i suggest that you contact the officer, and ask them to give you statments and cheque book back, or you CAN report them for theft.
    Hello K:

I'm not going to give you a reddie, but you are just flat WRONG!

He's on probation. He's a convicted felon. He is under a sentence from a court of law. He's a PRISONER of the state doing his time on the street. As long as he in the custody of the state, he does NOT have the same rights as a free man. They don't need a warrant. They don't need probable cause. They don't need ANYTHING.

A prisoner does NOT have a right against search and seizure. If they did, they'd all have big guns in their cells.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 12:02 PM
    You were too nice excon, but yes, the poster has no idea, they assume the rules apply to people on probation and parole, One of the rights you give up when you go on probation or parole is the right for searches. The PO or the police with permission of the PO can search your home when they want.

So no warrant needed, they can go down and request their property back, but only if it is not being used as evidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Officer [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail for a 120 Treatment for Drug and Alcohol. I was wondering if when he gets out can he move his probation to another county? We have been planning to get a place together, but we don't know if he is allowed to change Probation Officers. His current probation officer keeps...

Probation Officer [ 1 Answers ]

My brother has a probation officer in Wisconsin that is unwilling to help him with his probation. He is wanting to move back to Texas. Can anyone give me some advice for him. Thank you, Nancy

Probation officer [ 3 Answers ]

How do you find someone's probation officer

Probation officer [ 8 Answers ]

Can my brother change his prbation officer in the state of va if he went to high school w/ her ( they hated one another in school)?? :confused:

View more questions Search