Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laura C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 03:23 PM
    We are replacing the skimmer gasket in our above ground pool. We have removed the four screws that hold the skimmer on, but for some reason it will not come off. We have tried going around the sides with a knife, and have removed parts of the old gasket, but it still will not come off. Are they any inside screws holding it on?

Thanks
    Laura
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 05:13 PM
    I have moved your question to its own thread, You posted your question as a reply to someone on what to do with black water. So no one would have most likely read your post since they thought it was a answer to someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking skimmer on an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool and the skimmer is leaking could it be cracked?

Can I replace the skimmer in my above ground pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I replace the skimmer in my above ground pool with a through the wall skimmer? My current skimmer is one that hangs over the side. It is not a blow up ring pool. It has metal posts and frame that support it. It does not have metal sides.

Skimmer plate fell [ 4 Answers ]

I have an oval pool that has a place to put skimmer on either end of pool. The plate that covers the side not in use fell down between the liner and outside of pool. Do I have to take the whole pool apart to get it or can I just remove top railing and reach down? Also if I don't retrieve it, what...

How do I replace skimmer gaskets? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Our vinyl pool liner was replaced about 9 months ago ( in-ground 15' X 36' ) and recently, we noticed that the water level drops by about 3 to 4 inches every week. I suspect that the leak is around the skimmers since the water level or leak seems to stop by about an inch above the...

Skimmer Pumps and Basement Flooding [ 2 Answers ]

In an earlier post, an answer was given to a questioner who was having trouble with basement flooding: I have a problem with small amounts of water coming into my basement after heavy rains, and one of these "skimmer pumps" sounds ideal; doesn't anyone know where to get one? A Google search...

View more questions Search