Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Mar 4, 2006, 08:19 AM
    When did you first suspect?
    I am just wondering what made people first suspect that they might be pregnant. I am just curious about your symptoms or lack thereof.

Also, those of you with irregular periods... did you have trouble conceiving?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Well personally I was a total idiot and never suspected I was pregnant at all. I had some symptoms of tiredness and nausea, but I attributed them to the flu. Finally I went to the doctor and was told I was about 10 weeks pregnant. I'd had the symptoms for a couple of weeks before that.

I had irregular periods constantly, I have only one ovary, and I also have endometriosis. Actually doctors have been telling me since age 17 that I would never conceive. So I never even tried to conceive. I also never used protection with my partner. We've been together for 2 years, so it took me almost that long to conceive. However, I've been off and on birth control in those 2 years, as a help for my horrible cramps. So it's hard to say how long it really took me to conceive. I consider myself extremely blessed and lucky.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 5, 2006, 10:54 AM
    With my first pregnancy I had no other signs other than I missed my period for two weeks and with my second I had started feeling like I had the flu just before I missed my period.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 9, 2006, 09:16 AM
    I guess I just knew with my first and second pregnant even though I got a false negative with the second... Now with the twins I had all the symptoms and at twice as hard as any I would have with just one baby.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Mar 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Hi, personally it was different with all of them.

With the 1st one I was a little nasueas, breast tenderness and my period was late. With my 2nd and 3rd I was horrifically sick. My sense of smell was ultra sensitive with all 5 of my pregnancies. I didn't want anyone to come near me, this happened right from the beginning. I started to get headaches. Yes I did have cravings in the beginning for foods I did not normally like.

I hope this helps
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 02:51 PM
    wife was tired, tired, tired... missed period... icky mornings... and then started watching bad TV. Hours of it. My wife. We have more bookcases than TV channels. We never have it on. THAT was the kicker. =)
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Mar 23, 2006, 03:05 PM
    I too was extremely fatigued, and also my breasts were tender, I guess I just knew I was and I took a pregnancy test and got a false negative and even then got a slight period, but then when I took another one 2 weeks later it said I was for sure. I mainly was just tired, and then about 3 months into it I had to pee ALL THE TIME until the end of my pregnancy. That is one symptom(among others) I could do without :)
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 29, 2006, 12:13 AM
    When I found myself having to vomit and not having time to reach the bathroom, I had my ideas. I was tired and I felt like I had PMS and the flu. The vomiting took over my days and I knew it wasnt the normal flu so I took the test. Every time it was positive. Nausea is a dead give away. I dont go by a missed period, I had my period for 3 months while pregnant. Its the nausea that gives it away.

Hypatia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 HOnda Civic won't start - suspect ICM [ 1 Answers ]

My 95 Honda Civic won't start. Cranks good. Injects fuel (removed injecters and cranked engine - nice spray!). Appears to get spark (spark plug wire with old spark plug to ground for all 4 cylinders - somewhat weak). Tested compression and all around 150 psi. Tested distributer according to Haynes...

14 months female Pomeranian renal failure suspect ethylene glycol poison please HELP! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 14 month old female pomeranian. She was fine two days ago. Then on Saturday, I notice she wasn't barking like she normally do. She wasn't eating. She drank but vomits it right out. On Sunday, she was shaking. The vet clinic was closed on the weekend, so today (Monday) I bought...

View more questions Search