Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 06:58 PM
    May I remind both sides, this is not the Christian thread, it is in a religious discussion area, and as such there is more room to be open on comments as long as they are not overly offensive or attacking a member directly. So for the christian posters, non christians have a right to their beleifs ( even if you believe ** yes I used your word Crev) that they are not correct. In this type of forum, those of Islam, those of vodoo or the cookie monster religion all have equal rights to their view.

I may suggest that you cut and paste the other persons questions less, and merely give you ideas and opinons on the subject to give less since that you are personally attacking or going at a general poster, and give more general answers to the basic subject line.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jun 6, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Champ here is a site that may provide the answers to some "Christian questions" you have.
    BIBLE STUDY MANUALS
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 8, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    Are you two really still going at it? Wow. Hey just so you know I pretty much got my question answered a long time ago. But you two have fun. It's kind of interesting to read the different points you both point out.
    Ok, champ! Only problem is that De Maria seems to have too much of time at his/her hands with all these long drawn out lines of comment, while I have a real off-line life to live also!

:)
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2008, 08:33 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Jesushelper76's view on this is a reply from a Christian perspective , and is based on - as he confirms himself - his Christian belief.

The non-religious facts?? Are that Jesus's origins are highly questionable, with his father being claimed to be the Christian god, and his mother being a "virgin" till his own birth, his many "miracles"performed during his life, and his disappearance to heaven after death. And not one single iota of supported evidence for any of all these claims exists.
    Hey Credo those are your BELIEFS Not Facts. You believe jesus did not ascend into heaven and you believe Christianity is not Truth. Again those are YOUR BELIEFS. You have no 100% evidence to prove that Jesus did not ascend into heaven but you believe it anyway. Which means your beliefs are not based on any factual evidence but rather are based on FAITH. So the bottom line is Christians have believe that Jesus ascended into heaven by Faith and YOU believe he didn't BY FAITH.

I respect what people believe in. However, belief is no objective support for any of the many claims on which Jesus' features and heritage are based.
    Do you have any objective evidence to prove otherwise?

The question was : "Where did his (Jesus) body go?"
    The answer to that question can only be : "I believe that Jesus body ........" (and fill in whatever you believe).
    If achampio21 expects some detailed information on a location, supported by some objective evidence, he is asking for the impossible.
    :)
    Good, I am glad you realise that your opinion and BELIEFS are just as much base on faith as any Christian's.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Credendovidis][B]

That excludes a lot of people... And even for a lot of Christians that is not true neither. Many Christians are only Christians because they fear eternal damnation and hell.
    Do you have any subjective data or statistics to prove this claim? Or is this just your BELIEF?

Next to that : even for that joy and happiness there is no support : it is what you BELIEVE. But nobody ever has been able to provide objective supporting evidence for that CLAIM of joy and happiness, or that presence of God, or even the existence of God !
    I really don't mind that you BELIEVE that, but you seem unable to understand that there is/could be a huge difference between your religious beliefs and reality.
    The point here is : are you not forgetting the possibility that you may be deceiving yourself with these religious claims? They may be wrong, they may be right, but there is no objective supporting evidence for any of them!
    Lol Credo, for someone who has said quite are large amount of unsupported claims, you sure do have a lot of nerve for asking people to provide objective evidence. What objective evidence have you provided us for your beliefs? You keep saying "objective evidence......." yet you done nothing but make unsupported claims.
    If you believe there is no God and Jesus never died and rose again that is your BELIEF based on FAITH not facts. ;)
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Jun 9, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Thank you tawnynkids! I love the sites all of you give me. They all have different ways of explaining things!!

And to the rest of you... I am a very unserious person (if that isn't a word I made it one for now) and I don't want anyone getting flamed on my behalf or anything. I just had some questions and I knew that the awesome people on this site would answer them for me or at least try too! So thank you to EVERYONE even if you were being sarcastic towards me or thought I was a blatant idiot. I enjoy this site and I kind of in a weird way feel like everyone here is a "friend" and the best part is I don't have to worry about any of you showing up at my doorstep hoping for a place to crash!! LOL!!

But I also know that people believe very hard core in their own beliefs and take them VERY seriiously which is pretty cool. And I would defend my own beliefs to the death no matter what too. So I guess all I am saying is paly fair, be nice, and have fun. But remember that you may feel very strongly about something but someone out there feels very strongly about something too!! And I wouldn't take things personal. I mean after all no one on this site really knows everything about everyone. So you may be "attacking" someone that just had a serious issue in their life and you don't even know it.

But thanks again everyone! And keep teaching me! I love learning!! Even if I do look like an idiot when it's all over with!! :) LOL!!

Just one more thing...

I looked up the definitions to the words belief and faith and here is what I discovered...

Faith can refer to a religion, or to belief in one or more deities. It has two general implications which can be implied either exclusively or mutually:
    To trust:
    Believing a certain variable will act or has the potential to act a specific way despite the potential influence and probability of known or unknown change.
    To have faith that one's spouse will keep a promise or commitment.
    To have faith that the world will someday be peaceful.
    To have faith that a person will pay you back.
    To have faith in one's full dependence on the will of supernatural forces or deities.
    To believe without reason:
    Believing impulsively, or believing based upon social traditions or personal hopes.
    In either case, faith is based upon the interpretation of the intangible (feelings, emotions, etc.) instead of the physically tangible and is primarily associated with religion in modern times.

Belief is the psychological state in which an individual is convinced of the truth or validity of a proposition or premise (argument). Belief does not necessarily confer the ability to adequately prove one's main contention to other people, who may disagree.

So I guess my point is this. It doesn't matter what you believe in. And you DON'T have to PROVE anything about that belief to ANYBODY. You know why? Because it really only matters to YOU if the cookie monster is real or God is real. And if someone else doesn't believe they are real, they don't HAVE to PROVE why they aren't real. Because it really only matters to them. When the end of your life comes and you believe in the tooth fairy it really only matters to you if she is going to take you to her tooth mansion in the sky or if this person that believes in God is going to be taken to Heaven. Because the only person that is going to know what happens is YOU! So you see, belief and faith don't need proof. Because no matter what someone will ALWAYS question those facts or opinions or whatever. SO my response would be this...

I don't agree with what you believe in, I believe this way.
    And the other person should be like okay.

BUT on the other hand... arguing is fun sometimes too when it is harmless. AND it IS an awesome stress reliever!! :) :)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    Are you two really still going at it?

Wow.
    Pretty amazing, isn't it. I wonder what makes it it worth the trouble?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Hey Credo those are your BELIEFS Not Facts. You believe jesus did not ascend into heaven and you believe Christianity is not Truth. Again those are YOUR BELIEFS. You have no 100% evidence to prove that Jesus did not ascend into heaven but you believe it anyway. Which means your beliefs are not based on any factual evidence but rather are based on FAITH. So the bottom line is Christians have believe that Jesus ascended into heaven by Faith and YOU believe he didnt BY FAITH.
    All what I stated refer to unsupported religious claims.

There is no objective supported evidence for the claim that "jesus did ascend into heaven.
    There is no objective supported evidence for the claim that "Christianity is true".

I do not have to provide proof for the (negative) claim that "Jesus did not ascend into heaven". The burden of proof is on the (positive) claim that "Jesus did ascend into heaven".

You seem to need a course in logical thinking.

Ciao !
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 9, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Closed by OP's request as this has drift completely away from the original point.

Question Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A guy who wants me for my body,not me [ 22 Answers ]

Hi um there is this guy who really likes me but always asks about my sexuality and stuff.he always asked me to wear a low cut shirt to c my boobs! Its really gross and weird,I mean,I'm only 12! Also,he's dating another girl? What shood I say to him to make him stop?:confused:

My body [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 years old, 6 feet 4 inches tall and I weigh 13 stone. That is not a lot at my height but I'm not really skinny in my opinion. I want to build my body to weigh about 16 stone and it be mostly muscle! I do 50 situps every night and eat 3 meals a day and junk in between I intake more then...

What could be going on with my body? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29 and I have a ? I'm not sure what's going on with my body... I have very tender and swollen breasts, my nipples have white dots on them and if squeezed a whitish liquid comes out , slight headaches, moody I get mad and sad at a drop of a hat, I can't sleep on my stomach , it hurts even...

Body art [ 1 Answers ]

Tattoo I want a tatooing. My work is docter. Is anything affect on my work.

Any body there? [ 2 Answers ]

When I got a yellowish discharge its was a feshy odor.. but after two month the yellowish discharge still there but the smeel is gone... please help me... what's shloud I take?

View more questions Search