Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eland1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Riding mower rear wheel removal
    I have a troy built riding mower that I need to replace the tire. The model is a Y609H and is about 5 years old and I have not removed the wheels ever. I have removed the plastic cap and the bolt but it seems as though the rim is stuck on the axle. Any help would be appreciated.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 07:22 PM
    This is a very common problem. Try spraying some good penetrating lube onto the axle and then CAREFULLY, AND LIGHTLY take a bar and hammer and put the bar to the inside edge of the rim against the center and tap, rotate a little and tap, be careful not to knock the unit off the supports holding the unit up though. And don't hit to hard, if you do, you can knock the axle loose and have to pull the transaxle and repair it as well.
    habram Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Thank you for the information , I will try this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD rear wheel removal [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 18 horse MTD Lawn tractor about 15 years old. I need to remove the rear wheel to change the tire. I have removed the cotter pin from the axel and the washer, but I can't get it to come off. It appears that they're may be a key pin of some sort on the axel. I don't have the model number I...

How do I keep my left wheel from going sideways on my Riding mower? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 14.5HP Yard Machines riding mower with a B&S engine. My problem is when I am turning, usually backing up, my left front wheel goes completely sideways. When I put in in forward gear, then it goes straight. I can't make sharp turns going forward or the same thing happens. It is very...

Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the smallest rear engine riding lawn mower offered today? I've seen the Snapper 11 H.P. and he Sears 11 H.P. Is there a smaller engine offered?

Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower Series 21 [ 1 Answers ]

Engine will not start, no fire, and I need to know the location of the fuse. Ted

Tightening steering wheel on riding mower [ 3 Answers ]

How does one tighten the steering wheel on a Craftsman riding mower?

View more questions Search