Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    connie56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Air condition unit will not cut off when fan on inside stops.
    When the blower on the inside of the house cuts off, the air conditoner unit constantly runs.
    The thermostat is new, so that is not the problem, the thermostat works with the heater. Any ideas?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Some switch has frozen in place. Until you can have it properly tested suggest you turn off the entire unit at the breaker at the main breaker box. This way you are not wasting electricity.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Sounds like you might have a stuck contactor,, but just because you have a new T stat don`t mean all is well with Tstat,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Air condition unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our outside unit is not coming on, but the blower fan inside the house is running. Is it time to consult a repairman?

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Air Condition unit not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Clayton Atlantis Mobile Home with an Intertherm Heating and Cooling System. Today the cool air just went off. I didn't notice it until it began to get warm inside. The blower just keeps going but no cool air coming out. I took the door off the unit to check and see what I could...

Size of air condition unit [ 1 Answers ]

How can I know the size of a unit if it do not have the size on it .is there a formula I have to know

View more questions Search