Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    03pullan_s Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Sewing machines
    Hello.
    I have recently required a singer sewig machine from the singer manufacturing co.
    I have been unable to find out what yea it was buit in.

The number which is on the gold round plate is s888 363. Howeer I am unsure whether this is the serial nuber. I have looked on the interent and the only machines which look similar are singer vs3 but they have different serial numbers. If you can help I would be so thankful.

Susan
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 01:51 PM
    It does look like the number that you have provided would be the serial number.

If what I am reading on the following links is correct according to how I am reading it, your machine would appear to have been made during the period from July to December of 1906 SINGER® SEWING CO. | Support: Serial Numbers and http://www.singerco.com/pdf/SINGER_S_nos.pdf When you click on the first link, you click on S Series in order to get the pdf file.

Jun 1, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Thank you for helping me. The number which is on the serial nuber doesn't appear in the singer sewing serial records. It may be that the sewing machine wasn't registered. Is this a possible senerio?

Susan
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 06:23 AM
    No, serial number listings are ranges so it being registered or not does not matter.

Jun 1, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Thanks for helping me but the problem is on the serial number website the number only goes up to s88 the number on my machine starts s888. So as you can see I'm slightly confused.

Have you got any advice.

Susan Pullan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery wards sewing machines [ 4 Answers ]

I have a montgomery wards sewing machine electric in a wooden case. The top opens in 2 pieces one to either side & the machine pulls up. It also has 2 small doors on the front. I think this is the model number m 84 ns-4498a. I'm wondering how old it is and how much it may be worth. The machine...

Singer sewing machines [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 1919 singer and a 1932 singer any idea of a price for these items both in working order , one in in a cabinet

Value of Raymond Sewing Company Foot Pedal Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I am in possession of a Raymond Company foot pedal operated Sewing machine and I am wondering roughly what it may be worth. I believe it is from the late 1800's.

Sewing machines [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I recently acquired a sewing machine that I would like to find more info on and when I look it up on the net, I cannot find a thing. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. The name on it is: The State Sewing Machine Co and it has a serial # of: 0015656. It has...

View more questions Search