Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elevn21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Statute of limitations on issuing traffic citations
    My girlfriend received a ticket in the mail over a month after being stopped. Is there a statue of limitations on how long an officer has to file a citation in the state of PA?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Usually one is handed a citation after an officer stops you and signed by him on the spot after he explains why he is giving and if not paid, a reminder comes in the mail. Could the original have been misplaced ? I know this doesn't answer your question, but I don't think statutes apply in this case and you should phone the court house named on the ticket.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Yes, it is one year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations in PA for collecting a credit card debt. When I search on the internet I finding that a lot of people are saying 6 years and a lot of people are saying 4 years. I am not sure which one is correct or where I go about finding this information.

Because statute of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

I was sued when I was younger for an assault. Do I owe that money forever or do they have some time span to collect. I live in BC.

Statute of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on a judgment in alberta, canada

Statute of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If one has several warrants that are all provincial what is the statue of limitation on them in Canada? If you out run the statue of limitations do your warrants than become void? Thank you:confused:

View more questions Search