Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big_al_001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Adding Memory to an Acer Aspire E500
    I have two 1GB memory modules in an Acer Aspire E500 Desktop motherboard. Each of the 1GB modules work independently in either slot but the POST only sees 1GB when they're installed together. Any advice? Thanks!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Couple of possible issues. On the Acer Aspire E500 there are 2 slots and they can each hold / use the following memory types:

DDR2 PC2-8500
    DDR2 PC2-5300
    DDR2 PC2-4200
    DDR2 PC2-6400
    (with a maximum of 1GB per slot.)

Memory SHOULD work when different sizes and styles are installed. In the real world my experience says "good luck with that." For optimal performance, memory should be installed as identical pairs.

Put in one stick, and go to this web link to get an online test of the exact type of memory: Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - About Crucial:Media Toolbox

Now swap sticks of memory and repeat the test. Do they match?

==============
    Secondly be a limitiation being imposed by the operating system itself
    Mrhannah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 11:09 PM
    Hey guys, I have the same Acer espire e500 that I only use for music etc now due to its age, but I managed to get a hold of 2 GB ddr2 PC@ 5300 and the PC will not recognise them and now it will only recognise one of the original 512 sticks. I have changed memory plenty of times and am not sure what I could have done or if this old girl is starting to play up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acer Aspire 1600 HDD Failure? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 1600 laptop, It suddenly gave "Disk Error" message when booting - white text/dark screen/upper left corner. I reboot and it can not find HDD. The HDD is Hitachi DK23EA-40 (ATA-5 Enhanced IDE - not that I understand... ), original from factory. I can reach BIOS - the...

How to reboot an acer aspire 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all just wondered what keys I need to use to reboot an acer aspire 5000 to factory settings as I haven't a disk .

Adding memory to Simm1 or Simm2 [ 4 Answers ]

Currently have 256 ram in Simm1. Will be adding 512 ram. Can I just put it in Simm2 ? Or do I have to put 512 in Simm1 and move 256 to Simm2 ? Thanks

Adding memory to PS3 [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any possible way for me to add more Gigabytes to my PS3.

Adding memory [ 1 Answers ]

I have two older computers. Can I take the memory out of one and put it into another. One has 128 and the other 64. If so, how do I go about doing this without totally screwing it up... thanks.

View more questions Search