Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deanritch2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
    How do you troubleshoot hampton bay fans/remotes
    Have three large fans and 3 remotes; all remotes turn lights on/off and dim them; only one remote turns on one of the fans but not the other two. Wall switch is main on/off for all three fans. Have put in new batteries for all remotes. Just bought house; don't have manual. What components might be malfunctioning?:(
    Dean
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 30, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Here is my read on your issue. You have 3 good receivers because all fans can be turned on by some remote. Do you mean each remote can turn on all 3 fans or can they just turn on their own single fan? I'd inspect all sets of dip switches in all 3 receivers and remote to make sure what you have. One remote should match only one fans receiver, each fan can then have its own dedicated remote so they don't all come on and off at once. Come back and tell me what you found with your 3 sets of dip switches.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Do fans have a pull chain?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2008, 12:40 AM
    I don't see it as 3 confirmed good receivers. Take the one remote that works and match the dip switches to the two other fans, one at a time, to see if that remote controls the other two fans.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshoot hampton bay wall switch [ 2 Answers ]

My wall switch controls the fan speed, direction, and light. Recently, the only functions it will control is the light and the fan runs on full speed only. In other words, no control over fan speed or direction. The switch has one wire attached to the power source and other one goes to the fan...

A problem with ceiling fans and remotes, see question #2 [ 2 Answers ]

This morning, my bathroom gfi outlets in all bathrooms won't work. The one with the black trip button and red reset button won't allow me to push the button in to trip/break. Also, I have tripped/reset my kitchen outlets and tripped/reset ALL the breakers in my outside box. Still won't work, trip...

Ceiling fans remotes [ 1 Answers ]

A loha ceiling fans. I live in central Florida. My electric goes out a lot of times during hurrican season. The transmitter on 5 fans go out after power failures. What can I do to solve this problem. I called Aloha in Texas and they said they do not recommand a transmtter in my area. I really want...

3-Way Hampton Bay with Wall remotes? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal and please bare with me, this might be kind of long. Anyhow here goes. I bought a new Hampton Bay fan that came with the remote control. It came with a wireless remote control and the receiver is built in to the fan housing. The previous fan was wired to three switches. (A...

Hampton Bay multiple remotes [ 2 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay ceiling fans, model UO7078T. They are in different parts of the house (not close together) yet when one remote is used it operates both fans. Not a good thing when someone is trying to sleep and the light suddenly turns on. Is there some way to put them on different...

View more questions Search