Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

May 30, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Why yet another pastor causing trouble for Obama?
    That means trouble also for the Democratic Party! What's with these pastors speaking up at the last minute saying these things at this critical point in time? Does anyone know?

ABC News: Cardinal Condemns Clinton Mocking Priest
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

May 30, 2008, 04:53 PM
    I think the Priest could had used more tact, but other than that I agree with his sentiments. Both Republican and Democrat news commentators from the major networks have been saying as much for months.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 30, 2008, 07:16 PM
    My only question is what kind of church is that? They seem to talk more about politics than Jesus? And Father Pfleger, a Roman Catholic priest, is this politically active?

State pork to Obama's district included allies, donors -- Trials, Emil Jones, Brooklyn (King's, New York) -- chicagotribune.com

"One of those long-time supporters was Rev. Michael Pfleger, the politically active leader of St. Sabina Church. He gave Obama's campaign $1,500 between 1995 and 2001, including $200 in April 2001, about three months after Obama announced $225,000 in grants to St. Sabina programs."

You know, SNL could not come up with a better script about racism.

It's sad and yet funny. :)
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Birds of a feather flock together.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Oh, for pete's sake. It's too bad we don't have YouTube and the media everywhere to collect the audios and videos of everyone Obama has ever known acting out their own personal vendettas or angsts or political agendae. Then he can be soundly thrashed by all of the naysayers looking for a reason to say some more nays. One of these days the man is going to have to seclude himself in his room in order to avoid any possible association with the stupid and the vitriolic.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Well, Wondergirl, if you going to dance to the tune, you got to pay the piper.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 03:18 AM
    The Catholic Church does not endorse political candidates," read a written statement from Cardinal Francis George, head of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago. "Consequently, while a priest must speak to political issues that are also moral, he may not endorse candidates nor engage in partisan campaigning."
    Cardinal ;why wasn't Father Pfleger purged years ago. The rant against Evita is nothing compared to some of the other hate-filled sermons and things he has publicly said. Cardinal; the Obama campaign brought Father Pfleger to Iowa to host a number of campaign related events. The Federal Government really has to look at some of these churches and pastors nationwide and determine if they still qualify for their tax exempt status.

Wondergirl
    If Obama stopped associating with the radical and fringe he would not have a problem with those surrounding him . But you are right ;by the time he throws all these associates under the bus he will be as lonely as a monk.Going into this weekend's DNC Rules committee meeting Democrats have to wonder if Pfleger is the last radical shoe that's going to drop out of Obama's closet. By reminding Democrats of this, Pfleger could somehow resurrect the dwindling hopes of Evita's nomination.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 12:02 PM
    YouTube - Louis Farrakhan on Barack Obama, Churches and Satan's Rule

May 31, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Thank you for sharing links to these important videos! Well, there it is in black and white, what Obama's supporters and friends are saying! Are these the kind of things he should be associated with as a presidential front-runner? This is truly SHOCKING and I had absolutely no idea these videos were on YouTube for all to see!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    Thank you for sharing links to these important videos! Well, there it is in black and white, what Obama's supporters and friends are saying! Are these the kind of things he should be associated with as a presidential front-runner? This is truly SHOCKING and I had absolutely no idea these videos were on YouTube for all to see!
    Did you see the ones about you?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 07:43 PM
    If Obama Gets The Presdency < Every One Within The First Year Will Be Crying ( Ididnt Vote For Him< How Did He Get The Office, And The Whole Usa Is Going To Be Sorry< He Has Every One Brain Washed<snowed In ::: Just Wait And See< America Is Going To Be Sorry ::: F.b.e.

Every One Better Think Twice

May 31, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    No, actually I was too busy looking at yours!

May 31, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Louis Farrakhan and I are going bowling later. I hope it's on YouTube! Just kidding of course, but more than a few of the anti-Obama posts should be classified Area 51... out-there. :eek:

May 31, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    If Obama Gets The Presdency < Every One Within The First Year Will Be Crying ( Ididnt Vote For Him< How Did He Get The Office, And The Whole Usa Is Going To Be Sorry< He Has Every One Brain Washed<snowed In ::: Just Wait And See< America Is Going To Be Sorry ::: F.b.e.

Every One Better Think Twice

How ironic! Too bad the majority of the public didn't think twice about voting for Dubya. Of course our dear Congress needs to pull their head out as well. Inflation, gas prices, lay-offs, extremely poor war tactics and ongoing expenses to boot, etc..? It's not going to matter who wins the next election because for the first two to three years there's too many problems on their plate to judge them by. If either Obama or McCain were to take office they'd be so saddled with the last eight years of bumbling that it would take four years just to see some turn around on several fronts. Even McCain admitted such saying he would need two terms if elected. BTW a lot of people are voting for a Democrat simply because they don't want another four years of Republican White House rule, thanks to the drugstore cowboy and the yokels worrying about who's wearing a lapel flag pin.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I found it!

YouTube - Fat Girl Laughing

May 31, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Ah, you found it! Great! Now we know what she looks like! :D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2008, 10:12 PM
    If only we each got the opportunity to wonder which YouTube video of ourselves or a friend or our pastor might show up on the evening news...

Infinitely more fun is reading The Onion --

Obama Practices Looking-Off-Into-Future Pose | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 02:36 AM
    Obama's answer yesterday was to throw the whole Church under the bus.

You see ;he used the church when he needed street cred. He also pointed out his affilitation with them when he needed to counter those ridiculous charges that he was Muslim. But now they have become a political burden because the separatist message counters with his message of hype ooops I meant hope ,unity ,and change . So... see you... it' s been a blast !

The road kill from the Obama campaign is beginning to accumulate . Who's next ?

Jun 1, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55

You see ;he used the church when he needed street cred. He also pointed out his affilitation with them when he needed to counter those rediculous charges that he was Muslim. But now they have become a political burden because the separatist message counters with his message of hype ooops I meant hope ,unity ,and change . So ........see ya ....it' s been a blast !

Great question, Tom! You have a remarkable grasp of the obvious!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55

You see ;he used the church when he needed street cred. He also pointed out his affilitation with them when he needed to counter those rediculous charges that he was Muslim. But now they have become a political burden because the separatist message counters with his message of hype ooops I meant hope ,unity ,and change . So ........see ya ....it' s been a blast !

That's not true about throwing the whole church under the bus. And parishioners of all ages who have been interviewed by the media say that it's perfectly understandable that Obama has to separate himself from two flakes. If you lived in Chicago, you would know that Father Pflager, despite all the good he has done for desperate people, has a long-standing reputation as an "iconoclast" and a big-mouth. One Chicago columnist today wondered what was he thinking, especially when he said what he did in Wright's pulpit no less. "Is he that self-absorbed???" The Chicago cardinal has been all around the block with him over the years and is finally fed up.

Obama needed street cred?? Surely you jest. There was no altruism at all?? This terrifically noble man who has managed a positive campaign, who even suggested he might pay off Hillary's campaign debts, who is a faithful husband, who is raising two well-mannered daughters, whose every public move has been above reproach needed street cred??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do you think of McCain's pastor comments vs. Obama's? [ 6 Answers ]

Comments made by both pastors are critical to any campaign. But what do you see in each of these pastor's comments? In contrast with each pastor's viewpoint, how do the American people (you) feel about what they are saying? ABC News: McCain Pastor: Islam Is a 'Conspiracy of Spiritual Evil'

Church/Pastor Tax Information [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I attend a small church (50 or so members.) OUr pastor does not receive a W2. He has always claimed using a Schedule C. He has found out that by doing this, he is not getting the standard deduction credit nor is he getting credit for the 4 dependents he has. We want to have him listed as an...

Still here causing trouble? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother was extremely cruel to me when she was alive. She died christmas eve and I have had nothing but trouble since. I lost the house I lived in for 44 years because I was conned. My brother hates me. I am living in a hotel and soon to be homeless because of a flood in this town. I swear to...

Pastor and Taxi Driver in Heaven [ 1 Answers ]

A pastor and a taxi driver both died and went to heaven. St. Peter was at the Pearly gates waiting for them. 'Come with me', said St. Peter to the taxi driver. The taxi driver did as he was told and followed St. Peter to a mansion. It had anything you could imagine...

Roommate not on lease causing trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a townhome in Florida with two other girls, one of whom signed a lease with me and a third who is not on the lease. This third roommate moved out in November after paying rent for December. However, she did not pay utilities for the month of December. It is now the end of the month and...

View more questions Search