Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Vile talking about woman
    I have this friend at college, who constantly talks vile about woman. Most of the times they don't hear him, and sometimes he says it "just too loud". I stand there, and somehow it doesn't feel right to me, to talk about woman the way he does.

This made me wonder, maybe there is someone in here that happens to know why some men trash talk like that about woman.

By the way, I am a guy myself, and there is nothing wrong by saying that a woman is beautiful (whether she hears or not), but I feel there is something wrong with the way he talks, or am I being a goody two shoes? (or whatever the english word is)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Vile talk about anyone is inappropriate and rude. People who speak badly about others usually have low self esteem and talk this way to make themselves feel better, tougher, cooler. The next time he starts his trash talk tell him that it bothers you, maybe he thinks you don't mind.

Good luck.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 06:15 PM
    A person who trashes others may be angry and is playing "old tapes." Meaning that he grew up with someone who talked about women the same way.

No, you are not being a goody-two-shoes. He may not realize that his words can hurt. Vile is vile and he is being vile.
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Hmmm, his words aren't so much hurtful words, but more crude words. Calling woman "ing objects" and stuff like that. Most of the times they don't even hear him (notice I said most of the times), so that what makes me feel like a goody two shoes, because I still think you shouldn't talk like that. But to be quite honest, at first I could laugh about it and I found myself talk back in the same manner, but it made me feel like such a tool.

But low esteem and old tapes, well that makes sense. He mentioned an ex who was a for some reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son aged 36 is so vile to me [ 8 Answers ]

Someone give me some advice please. I have had a very difficult relationship with my grown up son ever since he went to University, before then we got on really well. I divorced from his father when he was 22 and he knew what an abusive relationship I had with him but he gets on OK with him but...

Me and my ex are talking again [ 6 Answers ]

The Background: I'm 21 she is 19... and we go to school for the same major. We had a loving relationship for 8 months and then broke up because for the last few weeks that we were together we were arguing a lot about random stupid stuff that didn't need to be argued about. She broke it off...

Not talking. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is not talking to me.. 20 days before we had a big quarrel... where.. he got frustrated and he told me not to call him... initially also we were fighting many times... but we haven't stayed very long... max was 10 days... but now 20 days have passed... neither he called nor I called......

View more questions Search