Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    austyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 12:08 PM
    1997 suzuki gsxr600 won't run when cold
    I have a really strange problem with my suzuki gsxr 600 srad. When I start the bike from cold, I put the choke on and start it, it runs fairly nice. If I try to touch the throttle before the temperature gets to about 70 degrees c the engine just dies. As soon as it gets to about 70 degrees it runs fine and goes like a rocket. As I am a car mechanic it seems to me that it may well be a fuel problem but I'm really not sure so any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
    1) Has bike been sitting for a while?
    2) Happened all at once?
    3) Air Filter OK?
    austyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 04:25 AM
    The problem just happened suddenly. Bike was running fine before that + the air filter was dirty but not that dirty to stop it running

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7.3 f 250 diesel won't start when cold [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 f250 diesel. The truck won't start in cold weather unless it is plugged in. I replaced the glow plugs and it still won't start in cold weather unless it is plugged in. any advice on what the problem could be?

AC won't blow cold air [ 4 Answers ]

Have a 2005 grand prix gt. Friend removed the deiod from the fuse box under the hood. Upon replaceing it the AC clutch now does not engauge. No cold air. Checked the fuses all look good. Ideas?

Replaced Gas Valve, Central Air Heater won't start when its cold out [ 6 Answers ]

Each year when it gets cold, my Gas Air Conditioner won't start when its to cold out. I turn the thermostat up, the unit clicks but then doesn't start right away. Sometimes it won't start until the sun hits the air conditioner. Last year I replaced the valve and cleaned the flame sensor. From...

View more questions Search