Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxyastor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Filing a lien against exhusband who owes me over $150,000. He's trying to refinance .
    I have a judgement ordered by the courts , my ex-husband and I were married for 15 years and have 3 kids, I was awarded over 150,000. In back spousal support and child support, I stupidly signed over deed of trust because he said my bad credit would make our house payment go up, and he would put my name right back on, well this was all a plan so he could move in with his new girlfriend who is financially wiping him out, he owns 2 houses one he bought 11 years ago and another one he bought in the middle of the trail when he wasn't allowed to, bottom line I think he's trying to refinance both and leave me with nothing , how do I put property liens so I can get my money first, an I just fired my attorney so I need to do it myself please help I think he's trying to move fast.:
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 12:06 PM
    I suggest you kiss up to your "fired" attorney, or move quickly to find a new one.

This is not something you can take care of on your own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Yes, either try the yellow pages and hire a new one, or get the old one back. This is very complicated and will require a lot of court work.
    Also remember it may sound like you were upset with your attorney, in a divorce, one side is normally going to lose, sometimes both sides think they will. And of course I hope your attorney did not tell you to take your name off the deed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing a Lien [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You File A Lien on a piece of real estate without a lawyer? I have paid over $600 for work to be done on a property and have not been repaid. The house is under contract and ready to close!! Help! Thanks.

Filing a lien [ 5 Answers ]

How do I file a lien against the property of a defendant against whom I have rec'd a judgement in phila small claims court, without going to the expense of hiring a lawyer to do it ?

My deceased exhusband still owes back child support. [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband died Dec 30, 2007. He still owes back child support. Will I ever see this? He had not filed his taxes for 07 yet and the state would have intercepted the return. Am I or the State of FL considered a creaditor against his estate? It there any hope in ever seeing the money? We need...

Filing a lien [ 1 Answers ]

What is the cost of filing a lien against sale of real estate? Where should the form and money be sent (address of fairfax county, va, tax assessors office.

Filing a lien [ 2 Answers ]

This maybe an unusal question or circumstance but, my son let his girlfrien use his cell phone so that she would have one to use while she was away at college, her parents took the phone and threw it in the toilet and damage it to where it doesn't work properly. The parents also have another one...

View more questions Search