Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lm060141 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Money tree
    Hello everyone,

I have a money tree in my office (indoor) for 4 years. It grows very fast & looks pretty healthy. In 4 years, it grows from 1 foot to 4 feet tall. It keeps growing but I think its trunk is too thin compare to its height. And recently, the leaves become very soft and it doesn't grow as fast as before. I want to trim the branches & give more time for the trunk to grow stronger. Do you think this is a good idea? If so, how should I trim it? (this is my first time trimming a plant, I need your kind advice.)

Thank you!

Name:  DSC00425.JPG
Views: 59376
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  DSC00427.JPG
Views: 5941
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  DSC00426.JPG
Views: 4537
Size:  46.3 KB
    reikiwmn Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Try repotting it, give it the appropriate fertilizer, I am not sure if it is acid loving or alkaline, also most importantly, try moving it near a window that is neither to hot or too cold so it can get some real sunlight. That might help you out. I sure do think it is a pretty tree, I might go looking for one myself!
    As for trimming it< I would try the repotting thing first, perhaps even insert a tall stick for support... give it the sunligt and try trimming it later.. look at professional websights about how to care for this type of tree before you do it though, sometimes trimming should be done at certain times of the year.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Umm I don't see any money growing on this tree??

Sorry couldn't resist. :)
    reikiwmn Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Lol...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Those trees grow wild in South Florida! They can get awfully tall as well. Just repot and leave your pruning shears in the drawer and enjoy your healthy plant! The trunk will catch up shortly all by itself.
    lm060141 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Thanks for everyone who answers me :)
    Guess I'll wait the tree to get stronger by itself.

What about the leaves getting soft? Because I have another money tree in my office as big as this one. But their leaves are very sturdy. Compare to this tree, this one is kind of weak. I'm using the same water & nutrients and water them in the same time schedule. Just wonder why does one looks good, the other doesn't :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Plant Care Money tree [ 2 Answers ]

How does one care for A money tree. Watering, repoting, fertilizing Etc...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

View more questions Search