Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Another Trojan horse
    Bob Novak at 'Human Events' identifies a pattern that should've been self evident to anyone who voted for a moderate to conservative Democrat in the last 2 years thinking that they would have a conservative voting record. Instead they are voting exactly the way Madame Mimi Pelosi tells them to vote.
    HUMAN EVENTS Exclusive: Blue Dog Blues - HUMAN EVENTS

Conservatives rationalized on May 13 when Republicans lost their third consecutive special Congressional election, in the supposedly safe 1st District of Mississippi. After all, they said, the victorious Democratic candidate Travis Childers, sounded more conservative during the campaign than his losing Republican candidate. He was a county official, a good old boy who the voters figured would be an independent conservative vote in the House as one of the Blue Dog Democrats.

But once in Washington, he drank the Democratic leadership’s Kool Aid. In the first 13 House roll calls contested along partisan lines after Childers took his seat in Congress, he voted with the Democrats 12 times.

Childers fit right in with the Blue Dogs elected in 2006 to give Democrats control of the House after a dozen years of a Republican majority. They won office by campaigning as independent conservatives. But in the House starting in January 2007, they have voted the Democratic line -- with no exceptions -- more than 80 percent of the time.
    Hopefully Republicans hoping to stem a tidal wave of Democrat victories in Congressional contests this fall will pay special attention and efforts to win these seats back.

Unfortunately the Republican caucus appears rudderless without solid leadership so I doubt they will grab this opportunity handed to them on a silver platter .
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Just follow his voting record and publish it; how hard is that? Childers and the rest will be campaigning again this Fall. The conservative GOP needs to develop its message right now and get to work. There will not likely be any 'coattails' from McCain's race, which points out the most disappointing aspect of the Bush presidency: the loss of his own party. Like father, like son.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 06:54 AM
    McCain is not the perfect conservative. He frustrates the hell out of me on a number of issues. But he is very consevative on some of the most important issues like the growth of government entitlement and pork/earmark programs. He has never supported an income tax hike; wants to make the tax cuts permanent ;reduce corporate rates , and has proposed free-market reforms to health care He is dedicated to a strong defense and committed to victory against jihadistan.
    These are undeniable facts about him .

I do not think he is as committed to a originalist judiciary as I would prefer ;and of course the things he is wrong about like campaign finance reform ,border security ,and "solutions" to "global climate change " make his less than ideal . He also takes great delight in thumbing his nose at his natural base . He is too much into this " maverick"personna.

Still there are enough coat-tails there for a congressperson to hang onto I think. The Republican party may have stumbled onto the right candidate for this election cycle because he can both stay true to his beliefs and at the same time distance himself from the weaknesses of the Bush administation. This Democrat attempt to caractiture him as Bush the 3rd or McSame doesn't resonate because he has so often been in opposition to the administration and the party.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Why am I not surprised? Sen. Tom Coburn has been making calls for Republicans to start acting like Republicans, so perhaps we do have a potential leader in the fold. This morning, when asked what the mood was in the southern US I heard someone say the people were just looking for a conservative. So am I...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Hello you poor poor souls:

Rudderless and leaderless... Jeez, maybe if you hadn't attached your dreams to the loser in chief, you'd HAVE coattails... But, you ain't even got them...

You really had a chance to imprint some conservative philosophy on this country. The country was ready for it. But, you gave us the dufus in chief. What did you expect?

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 07:39 AM
    But of course this wasn't about the Presidency but Congress. Of course the real difference is that the people hold the Republican party responsible for irresponsible governance . They applaud the Democrats for doing the same thing.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Nahhhh. They don't at all. That's why you guys won the presidency and BOTH houses of congress.

You say it's about congress. I say it's about leadership. That leadership should have come from the White House. At the very least it should have come from the Tom Delays and that southern gentleman senator (whose name I have forgotten). But it didn't.

They ALL drank the Kool Aid instead. I'm not saying the incoming tide of Democrats will be any different. All I'm saying, is that there WILL be an incoming tide.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trojan Horse (MDM.exe) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All; I am been suffering with MDM.exe after I connected my small baby (External HDD, 250 GB) to a computer. My Computer both (Desktop & Laptop) are now infected with this MDM.exe and I can't remove it. It creates its root file in the C:/windows and Symantec Antivirus can not remove...

Trojan horse generic7 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lot of problems with a virus called "trojan horse generic7" How to delete/heal this viruses from my computer? Please help me...

Trojan Horse Viruses [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is My First post so here goes These are the viruses that keep coming up on my computer Trojan Horse Collector.11.B Trojan Horse Generic4.Es Now I have scanned my computer alots of times and it says it clear then later on when doing something the virus detector comes up and...

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Trojan horse [ 5 Answers ]

I am running Outlook Express 6 on my Dell PC and have picked up a virus listed as c:\DOWNLOAD.EXE TROJAN HORSE. It has totally dis-abled "WORD" and despite uninstallinig it and re-installing it from a CD ROM I still can't get "WORD" to run. There must be millions out there with this problem. ...

View more questions Search