Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Bleeding after being checked for dilation
    Hey guys! Yesterday I went for my 35 week check up and everything was wonderful with baby Lia. The doctor checked for dilation and effacement; I'm not dilated but I'm 50% effaced. Neato! Anyway, after I left the office I noticed I was bleeding a bit. It was a much as a medium/light period and was dark red with a little bit of stringy stuff... yucky I know. I figured it was from being checked and decided to see if it stopped before getting worried. The bleeding seemed to go away after a little while but this morning I noticed some moderate spotting. It was dark brown, old, blood. I'm going to call my ob as soon as the office opens but I wanted to get a little insight from you ladies while I wait. Thanks so much :o
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 30, 2008, 04:47 AM
    It is not uncommon to have some spotting for a day or two after a pelvic exam (or intercourse). Not sure why he checked you at 35 weeks, unless he was concerned about preterm labor. Not much longer... pamper yourself the last several weeks!
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Thank you so much. It's funny you mentioned about my doc checking me at 35 weeks; my mother expressed the same concern after I told her about it. From my understanding, it can possibly cause you to go into labor? She did the group b strep test this day also so my logic was that she checked while she was "down there," for lack of a better word. Pampering myself is something I definitely plan to do :)
    jjb4060 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 06:41 PM
    I went and had the same things done the other day and my doctor actually handed me a pad because she knew I would spot after the exam... also, I had the streaky blood discharge. She told me that this was my cervix effacing and the tiny capillaries of my cervix shedding... you probably don't have much longer to go. Congrats!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 06:46 PM
    This is all normal and natural hun. Especially after the GBS test. Your "parts" are a bit sensitive right now due to all the hormones in the area as well as the swelling that you may be experiencing due to the hormones.

Not to worry Ranky dear, it happens.

I can't wait to be Aunty J to little Lia, after all you have been through this past year or so I wish I could be there for you when the time comes.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    This is all normal and natural hun. Especially after the GBS test. Your "parts" are a bit sensitive right now due to all the hormones in the area as well as the swelling that you may be experiencing due to the hormones.

Not to worry Ranky dear, it happens.

I can't wait to be Aunty J to little Lia, after all you have been through this past year or so I wish I could be there for you when the time comes.
    Awww, thanks so much J!! You're such a sweetheart :) It would be wonderful to have a nurse like you on delivery day, for sure! ;) BIG HUG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checked fuel delivery, still won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L111 with a B & S Intek 20hp V twin engine, I looked at previously asked Q&A and went through the fuel system from the gas tank through to the fuel pump, all which are working great, it still will not start. I took a tblspn of gas as suggested, it started briefly then stopped....

Should sperm count be checked again. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband had a vasectomy three years ago. A year and a half ago he went back and had the staples removed. He said that the pressure was bothering him during sex. They never reconnected the lines though. Now my question is this.. Should he have his sperm count checked out again, maybe even on...

Repl GFI, dbl checked wiring still not working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem GFI outlet in a remodeled room in my basement. This was done by previous owners, the outlet has been a source of electrical issues for many years. I have had electricians come out and look at other outlet problems in the house and have traced it back to this GFI. I replaced...

Getting ovaries checked out [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I got my blood results back on Saturday and of course it was negative, I had gotten my period a couple days before my appointment, although this cycle was a very short one. My period lasted exactly 4 days, which has never happened before, normally it would b 5-6 days. Anyway, I told my doctor...

Should I Get Checked for pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

Last month my cycle started about a week late. When it did show up, it was kind of a hit or miss thing. One minute I was bleeding the next I wasn't. It lasted about four days, rather then my usual seven day cycle. Yesterday I took a pregnancy test because my family , especially my husband is...

View more questions Search