Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdy12 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 03:23 PM
    The Juniper.yea baby
    What was the usage of Juniper and the botany of it? (If the person answering is wildandblue I'm sorry if I'm posing as an incovinence with my numerous botany questions, I do appreciate you timw in answering my questions though thank you)
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
    This is wildandblue. No trouble at all. No one is twisting my arm to answer questions I ask a lot and get answers myself for free so I try to be helpful to others. And if you love this stuff you love to talk about it! Juniper is a group of shrubs and trees in the evergreen family. The tiny blue berries are used as a flavoring for alcohol (gin) The wood is supposed to have moth repellant properties. It is rot resistant and can be used for crafts and furniture, firewood, fenceposts, wood shingles and siding.Juniper will grow in soil that is closer to a neutral pH unlike many evergreeens that prefer acid soil. Juniper species grow from Alaska down to the desert regions. The famous Cedars of Lebanon mentioned in the Bible are an old world species that are similar to the giant redwoods of California. Our new world species usually grow to about 20 ft. ht.

H

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Care of Juniper plants [ 3 Answers ]

The juniper shrubs in my yard are becoming more brown each year. The ends of the needles are green but closer to the base of the plant they are brown. There is a large Austrian pine tree which towers over them and the ground is covered with large pine needles from the tree. What should I do to...

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

Juniper shrub removal and soil treatment [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a large juniper shrub removed from my front lawn and am constructing a three terrace planter to cover the spot. How much new soil should be laid down and how much of the soil that the juniper was in should be removed? Can or should this "old soil" be treated if not removed prior to...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Juniper Shrubs [ 2 Answers ]

When is the best time to prune Juniper shrubs. Is early spring to late?

View more questions Search