Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    All4Noah Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2008, 01:44 PM
    In times of sorrow
    :( :( What's the best thing anyone has done for you in your times of surrow. My boss just lost his second child. Him and his wife have now lost 2 children in less then a year and I personally don't know of a better, more loving, couple, christian couple then these two people. Anyone have anything other then the words, hugs, cards the usual! Anyone have anyone have anyone do anything for them that was so helpful or of great impact. These two wonderful people have had a HUGE impact on my life so I want them to know that I've apprecaited them... and I thought this was a good time to step up and show it! Takin' any and all suggestions.

Thank you!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
    When my aunt died, one of my Mom's best friends just would call and check on her. Then she would always bring food over for a week or so. My mom was just not in the state of mind to cook or do normal things. So, having that was a huge help for her.

Stuff like meals or if you know them well enough, someone to maybe clean their house. Normal things that we don't even think about. When people suffer a loss, the last thing they want to do is cook or clean.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 05:53 PM
    My cousin went through the same thing 4 times and now she has 3 kids, but it was a rough heartbreaking journey for her, but we all helped.

We took her to movies, I planted a garden something that she always wanted, but never had a chance to do. My mother took her vacation. She was a big sweet lover so I used to baked her cakes and just did silly things that make her smile. You have to do something that she likes and just support her. Give words of encoragement a hug goes a long way and speak unspoken words.

Have a miscarriage is the hardest thing to go through, especially we you really want it, but it will happen when God ready. People who don't need or want kids have them while deserving people can't or they go through this it makes me upset. I remember around christmas someone threw their new born baby in the garage and luckily kids was walking by and they had cries. I cried was sad but luckily the baby was found otherwise it could have die because it was freezing outside. My mother friend found a baby in stairwell of he building and adopted it in 1999. Others simply abort it, the world is so sad.
    beckyt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 07:34 AM
    There are no right words, and sympathy cards made feel feel worse. Sometimes the only thing that a person can do is hold you tightly and let you cry without saying a word, just holding you.
    JuJuFruit Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 08:24 AM
    I lost 2 children in 2002. I was given a poem that has helped me.

Mommy, I need to tell you something,
    That I hope will help you see...
    I'm not sad in Heaven,
    Because God is here with me.

It was on the day we left you,
    That I saw the tears you cried,
    But please don't worry 'bout us;
    God keeps up by his side.

I'll save a place here for you,
    In Heaven next to me...
    Where we can be together,
    The way you wanted us to be.

For now, please know we love you,
    And dry those tears you cry...
    We'll wait for you in heaven,
    Where we will never say goodbye
    All4Noah Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem... I'm going to do it up nice and give it to my boss and his wife. Thank you so very much for sharing!! I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJuFruit
    I lost 2 children in 2002. I was given a poem that has helped me.

Mommy, I need to tell you something,
    That I hope will help you see....
    I'm not sad in Heaven,
    because God is here with me.

It was on the day we left you,
    That I saw the tears you cried,
    but please dont worry 'bout us;
    God keeps up by his side.

I'll save a place here for you,
    in Heaven next to me....
    where we can be together,
    The way you wanted us to be.

For now, please know we love you,
    and dry those tears you cry...
    We'll wait for you in heaven,
    where we will never say goodbye
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 06:10 AM
    If you're close, ASK what they would like.

If you're NOT very close to them (as in, there's no WAY you'd show up on a Saturday at their house to clean their bathrooms), it's a lot harder.

One thing that really helped me through loss was someone I hardly knew donated a rosebush to the city in my daughter's name. Donations to their church "in remembrance" are also generally nice--especially if it is something that gives back, such as a flowering plant or a tree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We've only had sex 3 times! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 25 and my girlfriend is 20. I've been with her now for 8 months and we've only had sex 3 times! The first was after about 2 months, then about 2 months after that and once again recently.. When I confront her about it she acts as if it's just been unfortunate as we rarely have places...

During colonial times? [ 1 Answers ]

During coloinal times,england viewed its North Amerian colonies as an economic resource that existed for the benefit of the English. This economic theory is called?:confused: A. free enterprise B. a command economy C. mercantilism D. urbanization

Married 10 Times [ 4 Answers ]

A young Man married a beautiful woman who had previously divorced 10 husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband to 'Please be Gentle; I'm still a virgin'. 'What?' said the Puzzled groom. 'How can that be if you've been married ten times. ' 'Well, husband#1 was a Sales...

My dog poo over 7 times a day ! [ 5 Answers ]

I havea one year old sheltie boy According to my breeder instruction I feed him once a day with "HILLS" I wonder if I'ts' his dog food or what Because he poo 7 times a day at different times (hard to find his fixed time) therefore making training very Hard. The dog I had before only poo...

How many times? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I was just wondering how many times we landed on the moon, Thank you:D

View more questions Search