Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 5, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    Your going struggle but your doing good, keep it up!
    Thanks~

Jun 6, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Is it normal if my ex has a pic of me kissing her?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Yes. Stop analyzing her life.

Jun 7, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    Yes. Stop analyzing her life.
    We're just friends?
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Jun 7, 2008, 12:58 AM
    OK, I've read this entire thread, and here's my 2 cents.
    When I was in high school, I dated a guy who had been one of my close friends since first grade. We were just friggin peachy for 9 months, then he decided he didn't want to be with me anymore. We decided to be just friends again. That gave me false hope and for about 2 months, I clung to that hope. After that 2 months, I got pi$$ed at both him for giving me the false hope by saying he still loved me and at myself for allowing an indecisive man to rule my emotions. That was the day I began to build myself back up, after I sat at his house for 2 hours while he blew me off and was a complete a$$ to me because his friends were around. I don't need that. The only times he's called me after that was when I was dating my (now) husband. And he would be an a$$ over the phone, and expect me to take him seriously. These calls also caused problems in my relatuonship at the time.

I was really hurt when he dumped me, but guess what! I gpt over it! Now I'm happily married for going on 4 years and the only thinge I miss about the relationship wasour friendship, which is now gone. There are too many unsaid things between us to be friends.
    Keep your head up, look ahead, never behind. Don't let this girl play you. Lose all contact, delete her webpages from your computer, lose her number, don't talk to her mom. Her loss, not yours. You'll find someone terrific, and by the time she realizes her mistake, it will be too late. Good luck to you, hun.

Jun 7, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon
    ok, ive read this entire thread, and heres my 2 cents.
    when i was in high school, i dated a guy who had been one of my close friends since first grade. we were just friggin peachy for 9 months, then he decided he didnt want to be with me anymore. we decided to be just friends again. that gave me false hope and for about 2 months, i clung to that hope. after that 2 months, i got pi$$ed at both him for giving me the false hope by saying he still loved me and at myself for allowing an indecisive man to rule my emotions. that was the day i began to build myself back up, after i sat at his house for 2 hours while he blew me off and was a complete a$$ to me because his friends were around. i dont need that. the only times he's called me after that was when I was dating my (now) husband. and he would be an a$$ over the phone, and expect me to take him seriously. these calls also caused problems in my relatuonship at the time.

I was really hurt when he dumped me, but guess what! I gpt over it! Now I'm happily married for going on 4 years and the only thinge i miss about the relationship wasour friendship, which is now gone. there are too many unsaid things between us to be friends.
    Keep your head up, look ahead, never behind. Dont let this girl play you. Lose all contact, delete her webpages from your computer, lose her number, dont talk to her mom. Her loss, not yours. You'll find someone terrific, and by the time she realizes her mistake, it will be too late. Good luck to ya, hun.

I will take your advise in consideration
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Just to let you let you know it does not matter that she have pictures of your when your was together. I still have cards and pictures of my exes. It just a keepsake. I really don't think you should be friends with her yet because your not over her and it seems that you think it still hope and your holding on to that, its very unhealthy.

Jun 7, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    Just to let you let you know it does not matter that she have pictures of your when your was together. I still have cards and pictures of my exes. It just a keepsake. I really dont think you should be friends with her yet because your not over her and it seems that you think it still hope and your holding on to that, its very unhealthy.
    I am slowly letting go of her... just like other members have said.. it's hard and time-consuming, but I need to "recover" for a bit.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    We're just friends?
    I'll assume you AREN'T asking me that as a question.

Ok, you're friends. Now stop analyzing her life (including the part where you were together and she took pictures of you two kissing).

Seriously. The only drama here is what you're adding your own mind. Be her friend. Put the rest of this stuff away.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jun 7, 2008, 10:09 AM
    HJ,

Your not just friends. She shouldn't be in your life. Trying to be friends with her is going to make your life miserable.

You want reality? Here:

You can't be friends with her for a while. You need to recover, you need to be healthy by yourself, as you can't be friends with someone that you love or someone that you are dependent on. Once you can recover, and be happy being by yourself, you can consider being friends with her. The problem is, at this point, you probably won't want to be friends with her anyway.

For now - cut her out of your life. No myspace, no Facebook, no phone calls, text messages, instant messages - NOTHING. For your own sake, trust me on this one. We've been there.

Jun 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    HJ,

Your not just friends. She shouldn't be in your life. Trying to be friends with her is going to make your life miserable.

You want reality? Here:

You can't be friends with her for a while. You need to recover, you need to be healthy by yourself, as you can't be friends with someone that you love or someone that you are dependent on. Once you can recover, and be happy being by yourself, you can consider being friends with her. The problem is, at this point, you probably won't want to be friends with her anyway.

For now - cut her out of your life. No myspace, no facebook, no phone calls, text messages, instant messages - NOTHING. For your own sake, trust me on this one. We've been there.
    I will take that into my consideration as helpful advise

Jun 28, 2008, 05:10 PM
    it's been a month since the dump...

I feel OK on certain days.. then down... then up =/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

Was dumped, not sure why? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to the board. First time on here. But 2 days before xmas. My commonlaw spouse of 4.5 years, sent me a dear john email saying he decided to move out. So needless to say xmas sucked, considering it was the first xmas that our son who will be 3 in April, put out the cookies for the...

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

Got dumped [ 4 Answers ]

Well guys I got dumped by a girl that I really was in love with and it sucks. We shared so many information with each other and just today she said that am a fake and doesn't care about me anymore and well this hurts. Well this women was 33 yrs old and am only 24 so maybe we had many different...

Dumped [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend after a year of dating just got up and left one day. We lived together for almost that whole time and were talking about getting married. I simply don't understand what happened. I was blind sided? How do I handle it?

View more questions Search