Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2008, 02:24 AM
    I think I'll die young.
    I know this sounds really stupid, but I've always had this definite feeling that I would die young. Most likely before 50. I'm sure this has something to do with my Dad passing at 35. But I've always felt the need to quickly serious-ify my relationships in fear that I'll leave them soon. Any feedback?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 03:00 AM
    I think it is more normal than you think to feel that time is limited especially since as you said your dad passed away young.

I know a woman who's dad passed away when she was 12 and mom around when she was 25-30.She is now in her 50's and feels that time is limited since both her parents passed away young. She keeps thinking of the things she wants to get done before the time comes.
    Some to do with her family and some to do with the afterlife.

Personally I think this feeling can be used to make your life more positive in the sense that you will value time more than someone who thinks they have till 100 to live and do things right.You will be looking for ways to make everything you do worthwhile because it seems to you that there might not be a next time.
    You can do this only if you do not let this fear take over,but keep it on an even level.

If you are following a religion you might like to look into the afterlife scenario because in knowing there is some comfort.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 29, 2008, 03:10 AM
    You know CM? you are not alone in thinking that. I have heard many different theories. One of them being that it is a past life experience, and that you died young in a previous life. I don't know if you believe in that, and I'm not really sure if I do either. But, it makes a bit of sense from what I've heard some people explain.

I also had a friend, and I don't mean to scare you at all, that always said he knew he would die young. I always got angry with him for saying it, and so did his family. I'm sure this was just a coincidence, but he did die at 32.

I think that our fate is in our own hands to handle in some respect, but I also believe when your number is up... it's up!

I don't know if that helped any... just my thoughts. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 05:13 AM
    My bio father die at about 45 from an industrial accident, scary thing there, I never knew him or even knew what he did, but latter I found out that we both did the same type of work had the same marriage issues and at 45 had a very similar industrial accident, his killed him, mine left me with a breathing issue. Sort of freaked me out.

But I learned something years ago, you live every day like it is your last day. Since we have no promise of tomorrow, If it was turned around, would you stop seeing the person you loved if you knew they were going to die early, no because love is beyond that, you enjoy each day you have with them.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Thanks for all the great feedback guys. It helped a lot!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Like Chuck said - you need to live your life one day at a time. If you do this you will be surprised at all the beauty you will see in every day objects and every day routines you may do. We are all here to learn lessons about life. We are not humans having a spiritual experience, but spirits having a human experience - Dr. Wayne Dyer. You should do some reading about the meanings of life. This may give you some insight into just why you are here - what you are supposed to experience - who you are supposed to interact with. Once you have noodled on this for a while, maybe you won't dwell on dying young anymore. Remember, we come here at the right time and we leave here at the right time. Sometimes we are not the one who chooses which time to arrive or leave.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jun 16, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Rachel Scott (Columbine victim) Predicted that she would die young in I believe a violent crime.

But does that mean every person who feels that they will die young come true? No! Fear is natural.Fear of death and the unknown is even more natural.

Just be grateful for the things you have and the bad things you don't have.And of course your Chihuahua! I have one of those too :P
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 16, 2008, 08:15 PM
    There were a couple of times while serving in Viet-Nam I thought I was going to die on the spot ! I never thought about living beyond the next few hours at any time. None of us get out of here alive. Today is now. Yesterday is past, you can't change it. Tomorrow may never happen for you. Prepare to die tonight and tomorrow is a gift. Live as you feel God wants you to. Since you are only given one soul, I think it might be good not to mess that up.
    LIVE- Like you get just 1 life
    LAUGH- Till you stomach hurts
    LOVE - Unconditionally

That way you make the most of every day God grants you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

Am I too young? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I'm married and I'm 21 years old. But I'm ready to start a family. My career is set. And we make enough money to support childern. It's just I'm so stressed out when we try. And we don't succeed. I feel really depressed and don't know what to do.

How young is to young? [ 11 Answers ]

I am 15 and I am in love. I know not many people think that you can be in love at this age, but I am and I kind of want to get married and so does he. He is however 17 two years older and well I don't know how to ask my mom for her permission and I wouldn't get married right away I would at least...

Too young? [ 16 Answers ]

OK I am 16, as well is my boyfriend, and we are VERY serious, I want to marry him when I finish collage , that way I won't have any chance about ruining my education and having a baby, and I know that if I get married I will have intercourse. But he wants to marry before collage but after high...

I this Too Young [ 4 Answers ]

I'm dating a boy that is 2 yrs. Younger than me and we are both in love. He wants to get married now... is that to young for him... and how do I know that it is real then there is his former friend that I dated before that is now wanting me back I love him dearly what do I do... stay or go...

View more questions Search