Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luna6887 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 11:09 PM
    Getting my license back after a DUI.
    Hey.

Okay, so march 2007 (when I was 19) I was driving drunk and crashed into a wall on the freeway. No one else was included in all this. I was caught and the cops did that sobriety test and of course... I failed.

I ended up getting a lawyer and he got everything dismissed, but my license was still suspended in July 2007.

I'm due to get my license back in July this year... I'm turning 21 in 10 days... is there any way of getting a restricted license? And would I have to do any classes to make sure I get my license back?

Thanks!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 03:28 AM
    This is a question for your dmv or you lawyer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Most areas will give a limited license ( it is not a license as much as a conidtion from the judge and a court order to allow you to drive to work, or to school or to and from a certain place at a certain time.
    Your attorney could or should have made that motion for you in court.

If the entire DUI case was dismissed ( unless you refused to do the breath test or blood test) but if the entire case got dismissed, your attorney can also make request to DMV to re-instate your license.

If you refused to take a breath test, the license stlll stays suspended even if case is dismissed.
    luna6887 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 09:05 AM
    I took the blood test and breath test that night. I did whatever they told me I had to do. And they didn't even put me in jail because I have asthma.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to petition court for license back [ 7 Answers ]

My husband lost his license due to an accident w/no insurancein Virginia. License has been suspended but was caught driving on suspended license. DMW classified him as habitual offender. Judge for accident put him on probation and told him it was okay for him to get his license but DMV won't...

Getting your license back after a dui [ 1 Answers ]

I have close to 3 months until i am allowed to apply for my liscense again because of a dui. i have been very lucky about having a ride the past 9 months because my mom hasnt been working and i have a lot of family. she is now going back to work and i will no longer have a reliable ride to work. Is...

How to get a license [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, could anyone tell me where I can apply to get a license to buy freon? I heard there is a government site that you can request the material to take the test. Thanks, Dan:confused:

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

Getting license back? [ 22 Answers ]

My suspension is up for a first offense DUI. There was an accident, I had no insurance and was hit by another driver. There is no civil case, no court judgements, just letters from the other drivers insurance company wanting me to pay for her damages. The DOT received the same letter that I did...

View more questions Search