Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevty1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Am I trying to soon?
    Hello All, in june2007 I had the mirena placed I experienced tons of complications(uncontrollable bleeding and cramping), along with other issues i.e.. Weight gain, hair loss etc. so I had it removed may 7, 2008. Prior to getting the mirena inserted, around November 06 I had an abortion and at the time I also experienced uncontrollable bleeding, so I'm really not sure if that was a complication or just a normal side effect. Due to all the problems with the mirena my doctor performed a ultrasound to make sure it was positioned correctly, while examining he expressed that my uterus look fine ,fallopian tubes etc... all looked OK. To get to the point I am now trying to conceive and I'm somewhat having an obsession about it. I am constantly on websites, reading up on rather or not previous abortions could affect my chances of conceiving or is it possible that the mirena could've done damage. I don't understand my mental process, I am already a mother of two, a 7 and 4 year old and I know this doesn't happen overnight. However I've taken a pregnancy test and I've only been trying for two weeks. Does anyone has advice as to how I should let nature take its course without worrying that past mistakes will come back to haunt me when I want it the most?:confused:
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Whoa, what to say what to say. Only Dr.'s will know if that, what the problem may be. I would imagine if nothing else it just takes your body a few cycles to get back in the swing of things, you will get there. However, let yourself off the hook for what you've experienced and in time it will happen. You know how the body reacts to stress? Not so good. So relax and let it happen. Are you married? Are you sure the situation and timing is right? What is different from 2 years ago?
    stevty1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevty1
    Hello All, in june2007 i had the mirena placed i experienced tons of complications(uncontrollable bleeding and cramping), along with other issues ie. weight gain, hair loss etc. so i had it removed may 7, 2008. Prior to getting the mirena inserted, around november 06 i had an abortion and at the time i also experienced uncontrollable bleeding, so im really not sure if that was a complication or just a normal side effect. Due to all the problems with the mirena my doctor performed a ultrasound to make sure it was positioned correctly, while examining he expressed that my uterus look fine ,fallopian tubes etc... all looked ok. To get to the point i am now tryin to conceive and im somewhat having an obsession about it. i am constantly on websites, reading up on rather or not previous abortions could affect my chances of conceiving or is it possible that the mirena could've done damage. i don't understand my mental process, i am already a mother of two, a 7 and 4 year old and i know this doesnt happen overnight. however i've taken a pregnancy test and i've only been trying for two weeks. Does anyone has advice as to how i should let nature take its course without worrying that past mistakes will come back to haunt me when i want it the most?:confused:
    Hi, its me sorry I'm just now able to reply, however, no I'm not married, my husband in which I share my daughters with passed away may 05'. I began dating about a year and a half ago and I desire to share a child with my current mate. I have other reasons though, they may sound foolish but my youngest will be five at the end of this month and I feel as if I've lost my babies; they've grown up so fast. At times I have to remind myself that she is'nt a baby when I constantly find myself "baby talking" her to death. She often says "i'm a big girl mom". So really and truly I am just ready for another baby and I don't want a tremendous age separation. Although I know I will get to the point that I'll feel like this again once he/she begans to age (if I'm blessed enough to concieve), this will be my final child. 3's a charm! So that's the not so intresting difference!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 07:58 PM
    There are those among us who can't wait for the children to grow up, me. I'd bet that you are an incredible mom! Relax and see if a pregnancy happens, I think it will.
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2008, 03:19 AM
    I too have had an abortion 2 years ago, and now I'm married and all my hubby wants is to have a baby. I search websites also looking to see if there could be a chance that I can't conceive. Ive been trying for a onth with no luck. Also I experienced complications with the depo. Over allif the doctor aid your fine, it needs to be in your head that you are okay. If you are like me then yourprobably constantly thinking about whether you can get pregnant again and the possibility of maybe not being able too. YOU ARE FINE! A lot of your physical has to do with your mental state. I hope this helps u.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search